ROTTMNT Dastardly Danny x Mutated! Reader

(You work with the Mud Dogs. Because of the way you could disguise yourself without looking suspicious, you were hired to cause a ruckus in New York; Leo was always there to stop you.)

---

You huffed as you crawled down the rope, trying to avoid any alarms. You were trying to steal an old artifact from the museum, they didn't tell you what for, but seeing how shiny and expensive-looking it was, you understood why.

You cut the glass, sliding the artifact out slowly. You sighed in relief as nothing went off, you slid it into your crossover. Maybe you were going to get away! You climbed up the rope, reaching the rooftop.

You were cleaning up the scene, about to pick up your rope. "Wow, what is this? The fifth time this week?" You quickly turned around, seeing Leo. He was the reason you didn't make it back in time!

 He smirked, walking closer. "Why in the world does a human, like you, need all this?" He asked, overly oblivious that you could be working for someone. 

There was no where else to go, you had to leap over Leo and hope that he didn't catch you. And, that's exactly what you did.

Leo was surprised, that's why he didn't catch you. You leapt over him, taking no time. You were going to make it back with the item this time, you would make sure of that.

You bounded from rooftop to rooftop. Luckily, you were faster than the blue turtle. 

He was impressed with you, you really had the guts to come back after he took away what you stole time and time again. He also couldn't deny how pretty you were, how your hair blew in the light breeze, or how your eyes retained the moonlight, making them glow...

He shook his head to clear away the thoughts. No! She's the enemy here! he scolded himself as he continued to chase you.

Your cloaking brooch? Yeah the thing that made you look human? It flew off as you kept running. No! No! No! you screamed in your head. Maybe, I could go get it back? Looking back, you saw the blue turtle gaining on you. Nope! Forget that! You looked forward.

Luckily, your exit was right in front of you. You took the small device that Danny gave you, he told you that it would make a portal into the Mystic City. You quickly make an "M" looking design and open a portal.

You halted, looking once more at the blue-banded turtle before jumping into the portal that you had made. You landed on your feet, almost tripping; and without seeing if he had followed you, you took off to the spot that you said you'd meet them.

Were you... a yokai? Man, he really should have known. Leo asked himself as he was falling. Yes indeed,  he had followed you. He had landed on his feet shortly after you, looking around he couldn't find you. Right, since when does that happen? He started his trek through the city.

---

You huffed and puffed as you made it to the spot. "(Y/N), you finally made it on time..." Leonard was the first to greet you, "Please tell me you have it this time." You nodded as you took the artifact from the bag. 

His smile grew 2x bigger before he snatched it from you, "About time! Couldn't have you screwing up all our plans." You gulped, were they going to fire you if you weren't successful? And, you knew that they weren't going to let you just walk away from this either. 

"Leonard?" you asked, as quiet as you can be. "Hmm?" you were surprised that he actually heard you, "Ummm... I lost my brooch, I was wondering if I could maybe borrow yours?" He huffed folding his arms, "What'd I tell you about losin' stuff?"

"It wasn't my fault!" you argued back, "That turtle was chasing me!" His eyes narrowed in disgust, "Not my problem! Ask someone else!" You growled as you watched to ogre-looking yokai walk away. 

"Don't take it personally. He's like that to everyone." Danny whispered as he snuck up beside you. "You don't think I could borrow your brooch, would you?" He deadpanned you, an eyebrow raised, eyeing you. He sighed, pulling out the small device, handing to you. "You're lucky that I like you."   

"Thanks Danny." you smiled genuinely, causing the rat-yokai to look away; red blush slowly taking over his face. "Well..." he glanced back your way, "Leonard might not say it, but I will... I'm glad you came back... safe and sound, I mean..." he mumbled. 

 "Just don't mess up anymore, k?" He told you, his confidence suddenly returning as he pulled himself out of the trance that you put him under. "Hey, is Leonard mad at me?" you asked him, "Nah, don't worry about it." He shook his head.

(Two people like you! Can you believe that?) 

- Author out