ROTTMNT Mikey x Reader

(You're an author, you have been for years now. Unfortunately, you're not artistic, never have been; luckily you knew someone who is.)

Requested by: @c0tt0nc4ndii

Thank you for requesting ^^
---
You typed your last sentence before you took your break; your publisher gave you awful due dates.

Just as you were about to close your laptop, you felt hands wrap around your shoulders, "Whatcha up to?" You smile, it was your bestie; he handed you a cold water bottle.

You smiled gratefully at him as you took it. "I was actually about to come get you, so you could, you know, relax for a little bit."

You stifled a giggle as you shut your laptop, "Well luckily for you, I was going to, so... you won." He laughed too, but quickly changed the subject.

"So? How's it coming along?" You sighed as you lightly squeezed the bottle, frustrated. "Turns out my artist can't make the book cover for me, and my publisher's being an ass-" You stopped and looked up; Mikey rose a browbone, "Anyway, he still wants me to publish it on Monday, but I don't have enough time to hire a new artist!"

Mikey knew that you were overwhelmed; he wrapped his arms around you, squeezing you tightly. "Hey (Y/N) chill out, hey, I'll tell you what, I'll make that cover for ya, alright?"

You pulled away from him, "You will?" He nodded, your smile got 10x bigger, "Oh, Mikey! You're so kind to me!" You hugged him again, even tighter.

He hugged you back, "What's it about?" You blushed, not saying anything

"Come on! I have to know what it's about, so I can figure out the art style." He told you after you didn't answer for a bit.

You sighed, blushing intensely, "It's about a girl who falls in love with someone who society doesn't call normal."

Mikey thought for a second, "So it's like a forbidden love, kind of?"

You deadpanned him, before shaking your head and sighing. You loved him, you really did, but he couldn't take the hints you gave him.

You smiled, "Yeah, exactly like that."

"Ok, I've got the perfect art style!" He smiles excitedly, pulling away from you.

"Oh yeah?" you cocked your head. He nodded as he went to go get his pencil set.

He came back with the set you got him for his birthday, "I have the perfect colors!" He said confidently, "Blue, pink and yellow. Traditionally known as 'happy colors'."

"I thought blue was a sad color?" He laughed slightly, "Not the way I'm using it, darker tones usually mean darker emotions; lighter tones mean lighter emotions."

You smiled slightly, "Wow, I didn't know that you knew so much about this."

He blushed, looking down (Aww, he was embarrassed.) "It's nothing, kinda just know. You know?" 

You smiled as you sat back down, "I should probably work on this some more." You opened your laptop, sighing inwardly; you really didn't want to. You didn't want to admit it, but you had gained a sort of writer's block.

"Hey (Y/N)?" Mikey asked suddenly, breaking the silence, "Hmm?" you asked, tilting your head up slightly to let him know that you were listening, "Will you play some music?" "Sure!" you smiled, "What do you want to listen to?" "Umm, I don't know. Whatever you want." 

You sighed as you opened Spotify (i use Spotify :3) Light pop music filled the air as you and Mikey got to work. 

You would look over when you were thinking; you would smile as you saw Mikey with his tongue poking out as he was hard at work.

He wouldn't admit it, but he would do the same. Smiling as he saw that you had scrunched your nose and the look on your face as you stared at your computer screen.

"How's this look?" he asked you as he lifted up the paper to show that he had finished making the background. You gasped, it was beautiful, he used the lighter shades perfectly. You could see that  he mixed a little bit of red in as well.

"It's perfect Mikey!" You smiled brightly. Mikey looked back down, not helping that his cheeks gained blush on them or that his mouth twisted into a smile.

You hummed along to the music as you finished chapter after chapter, gaining back the focus and motivation, you knew that you were going to finish on time. 

Smiling, you looked at Mikey, who was still hard at work. "Thank you, for doing this, I don't know what I would've do if you didn't help." Mikey just shrugs, "Hey, I owed you a solid. You did hide me from Don after Leo had the brilliant idea of stealing Shelldon."

"Still, thank you. It means a lot." He smiled back, "No problem, (Y/N)."

(Attention: It is my birthday tomorrow, so I will not be at my phone. I will be with family.)

- Author out