Future Rise! Leo x Reader

(You were teaching Leo the art of scavenging, it's how you were able to survive all these years.

Requested by: art_cl0ud

Thank you for requesting! ^^)

---

You dug though the multiple piles, trying to search for one more thing.

Leo was looking over to you while also looking around, it was his duty to keep you safe.

"(Y/N)?" He called when he could no longer see you. He sighed with relief when you poked out from behind of one of them.

"Yes?" you replied, throwing unwanted items over your shoulder.

"What are you looking for, exactly?" He didn't want to seem overly worried about you, and, heck, he was curious.

You held up the list of everything you had to grab before going back. "Bandages for your side, remember?" You folded the list and placed it back into your satchel.

"You don't have to do that." he gently reminded you, "It'll heal by itself now, you're going to waste bandages on me."

"Please." you snort, lifting your head up to meet your eyes with his own, "I can just scavenge for more. I won't be 'wasting' anything on you. You're my friend, Leo." you smiled.

Leo's eyes immediately softened when he experienced kindness again from somewhere else other than his brothers. He hasn't admitted it, but he had fallen completely and utterly in love with you. It was first with your kindness, then he realized how beautiful and precious you really were to him.

You beckoned him with your head. He looked around for danger once more before going to you, "Here, hold this for a sec." you hand him some ibuprofen that you had found earlier. Leo huffed in embarrassment, "You don't need to take care of me."

You rolled your eyes, "Leo, like you said, 'we're all in this together' anyway I can help you, I will. Just let me." Your voice grew softer as you looked to him from the side; making his heart smash against his chest.

He looked away from you, completely speechless by your kindness. He didn't understand why he was so afraid of a girl who was so much smaller than him. It wasn't like he was scared of HER though, he was scared of his growing feelings for her.

He hasn't felt this way about anyone in a long time. To be fair, he thought he was too old to feel like this. But, he was quickly proven wrong when he met you.

He was shot out of his own head when he saw something shiny among the pile. His curiosity grew as he dug through the pile, wondering what it was. His muscles stopped working when he found a little necklace, it had a pale blue diamond at the end. His eyes immediately slid to your hard-working form beside him, you weren't paying attention to him at all.

He silently sighed, it was now or never. He unclasped the necklace and placed it around your neck. You stopped and glanced at him, "What's this for?"

You put two and two together when Leo kept his gaze away from your eyes. "Leo?" you questioned with a heavy blush on your own face.

He was silent as his eyes very slowly slid to yours. "(Y/N), I-" He halted, mouth growing dry. He shook his head, "(Y/N), I'm in love with you. You've been nothing but kind to me, and I love it. I haven't this way in a long time, it kind of scared me when I started feeling this way about you. But..." he grasped your hands, a soft smile now graced his lips, "Now I understand that I need you. You've been here, even though I've put you through so much... I need to have you... You are my rock, (Y/N)." He lifted your hands up and kissed the back of them with so much love.

Your blush deepened as your mouth also grew dry, but you did feel the same way; you just had a hard time saying it. You gave Leo a timid nod; to him that told him everything he needed to hear. His smile grew 2x bigger as he very quickly wrapped his arms around you and spun with you.

He felt on top of the world when he was with you, and now he was going to feel this way for a long time.

(Ending there. I absolutely loved writing about this <3)

- Author out