Future Rise! Leo x Reader

(Guys, I finished the movie and it was SO GOOD; I knew I had to celebrate somehow. So, this is before Casey got sent back in time. You were so, so important to Leo that he broke down in tears when he saw you again.)

(Angst to fluff)

---

They took everything from him.

Leo had to watch as their lives were stripped away.

They just had to take you, too.

He couldn't reach you in time before they snatched you away, that pleading look in your eyes as you slipped from his grasp was forever stuck in his nightmares.

"Sensei?" A younger voice pulled him out of his head. "Casey." Leo replied, softly smiling at the young boy who he adopted as his own. "Are you okay?" Casey cocked his head slightly. "Yeah, yeah."

Leo wasn't looking at the boy, but to the night sky. It actually looked normal for once. The stars were shining brightly. He smiled, you always had a thing for astrology. 

"Sensei?" Casey asked again when he saw that Leo was looking outside. What was he smiling at?

"Don't worry about me, Case. Just.... recollecting." Leo responded, glancing towards the boy.

"Your brothers?" Casey cocked his head to the side.

"No... someone.... else." Leo looked away from the boy to reach inside his satchel and grabbed a picture of you. It was younger you and Leo both smiling into the camera while he held onto you from behind. 

He smiled sadly, handing the picture to Casey, who stared at it, "Who's that?" he asked.

"Her name was (Y/N). She was our human friend, well other than April."

"Was?" Casey asked

"She was taken by the Kraang years ago. We never saw her escape, so we.... assumed the worst..." Leo pinched the top of his snout, the pain of the memory came back to him; they held a funeral for you and everything. It really broke him, having to say goodbye to you. It got him to the point to where he wished they took him instead, so you could have a chance.

"I've seen her before." Casey's voice broke him out of his thoughts, "What? Where?" he grabbed the boy's shoulders, at that moment he hoped that Casey did see you; that meant that you were okay!

"Uhh... probably somewhere in the city? I don't exactly remember where..." Casey grew nervous by how close Leo was. 

Leo jumped up, "C'mon we have to go find her!" He didn't wait for Casey to respond, he was already outside the hideout they were stashed in.

"What's the plan, Master Leonardo?" Casey asked as he followed Leo out of the hideout. 

Leo thought, if they alerted any Kraang, you could be in danger; but... he wanted to find you, god, he wanted to. It had been way to long since he heard your voice, or since he's seen your smile. He missed everything about you; it didn't take him long to discover the crush he had on you, but he was too scared to ever admit it. But if he saw you again, he wouldn't be scared. He grew up. He saw how your disappearance affected younger him, how it affected his future as well. He realized that he wanted you in his life all along.

"We move quietly, we don't let any Kraang know we're there, got it?" Casey nodded in response as they both traveled into the city.

They moved silently through the wastelands, careful not to alert anything of their presence.  

The remaining people were hidden in the city, scared out of their minds. One of them shrieked when they saw Leo and Casey approach. Other humans had weapons drawn ready to fight the intruders. "No! We aren't here to hurt you! We just want to see if you've seen this person!" Casey held up the picture. The humans gasped and lowered their weapons. "How do you know about her? Are you here to hurt her?" a larger human questioned. "No-" "She's here? Where is she?" Leo interrupted, looking desperately for you.

The humans all gazed at each other, and nodding, deciding to give them more information. "Follow me." the larger human beckoned with his head. Leo and Casey followed the human, what else did they have to lose? 

"(Y/N) founded this place. She vowed to protect everyone. Men, women, and children." Casey nodded, you seemed like a good person. Leo, however, wished the human to go faster; now that he knew that you were here, he wanted to see you again.

"She wanted fairness. We wanted to call her our savior, our hope; but she said that we were all strong in our own way." Leo chuckled a bit, "Yep, that does sound like her." 

The human halted, "You'll find her through this door. Good luck, I hope she does remember you." He bowed his head lightly as he backed away from the door.

Leo gulped, what would he even say? Would he be able to even speak? This moment terrorized him more than the whole Kraang invasion.

"Master Leonardo?" Casey asked when he saw that Leo completely froze up, not quite understanding how important this was. 

Leo shook his head and reached his hand up for the doorknob. He froze for a second before opening it, oh god, this was happening.

Casey was confused, was Leo... scared of this woman? Why? He does know that she won't hurt them, right? 

Leo popped the doorknob, letting the door squeak and groan as it opened. 

Leo again froze as he saw a woman facing away from them. She was instructing younger humans. Leo snapped his head back in shock as he recognized the hair, it was (long, short, medium) in length, (h/c) with gray streaked throughout it. A smaller human caught her attention, letting Leo see her eyes. They were (e/c). Now he knew it was you. But, he couldn't move, it was like every muscle gave up in his body as soon as he recognized you. 

The humans had to direct your attention to them. "Leo?" you questioned cautiously. He couldn't speak, after all this time, you were okay. 

You narrowed your eyes, was that Leo? Now, you weren't 100% sure since he didn't reply back. You could see that his eyes were sparkled with relief and sadness. "Leo? What happened?" you questioned again.

All of a sudden, Leo's muscles pushed him forward. He ran to you with arms outreached. He lifted you up and spun you around before placing you down and hugging you close to his plastron. His body wouldn't let him let you go. Never again.

"Leo..." you whispered. You could feel him silently sobbing, his grip on you getting tighter. You could feel the hot, sticky tears fall onto your shoulder. In turn, it made tears fall from your face. He dug his face deeper into the crook of your neck, unknown to you; he was inhaling your scent. 

(Ending this here. I absolutely loved the movie. Expect more of Future Rise.)

-Author out