More Angst- ROTTMNT x Reader

(I'm sorry, I've just been in a mood lately... Anyways, you've been missing for almost two years now.)

---

August 2nd, 2020

The turtles remember it like yesterday, but it already been almost two years. It seemed like any other day, you had decided to hang out with April. You didn't come back to the lair afterwards, but they really didn't get alarmed. You were probably just tired after hanging out, right?

April called Don, seeing if you were there. When he said no, April told him that you weren't home either. Again, they weren't alarmed. Maybe you had something to do?

After a few hours though, no one heard from you; so, they went to check on you, make sure you were alright. 

They checked everywhere, the streets, the Mystic City, or that pizza place that they liked; but no luck, it was like you vanished. 

Now panic was setting in; first Raph, then Mikey, then Donnie and, after he saw the others panicking, Leo.

They frantically began searching for you, just hoping to god that you were okay. "Where are you?" Leo whimpered to himself. 

Donnie shook his head. There was no way! People just don't vanish! Where were you?!

Raph looked for you everywhere, when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere. Okay, stop panicking! She's gotta be fine! he scolded himself, but still the darker thoughts still crept their way in.

Mikey was on the ground with April, yelling your name. He was so scared for you. Were you okay? Were you hurt? Were you... he shook his head, clearing that thought from his head, No! She's okay! We'll find her!  Mikey told himself. He just hoped that it was true.

Mikey could feel that something was off, it was a weird feeling. A bad one. He didn't understand why, or that his brothers had no luck either.

The sun had to rise before the brothers and April ever gave up looking for you, but they were going to try again that night. 

And they did, night after night. In fact, it became a routine patrol for them.

Despite after all that time, they had never given up on you. April printed missing posters of you, for others to search for you, too. One of the turtles stole one to hang in the lair, so that they could never forget you. 

Donnie spent countless nights searching every lead to find you, but he was never successful. 

Leo couldn't sleep either. Where were you?! He tossed and turned, never being able to get comfortable. When he finally gave up on sleeping, he went out; looking for you. 

After a while, they accepted that you probably weren't going to make it home.

They were grief-stricken; you were like a part of them. The lair was duller without you in it.

You were like a breath of fresh air. You were serious when you needed to be, but otherwise, you were a fun person to hang out with. You made the lair a lot brighter when you visited. No one was the same now that you were gone.

They didn't dare speak of you, too afraid to say what's on their mind. 

Sure, they all thought of loss; but like hell that they were going to give up on you.

So, they kept up their search routines. Looking anywhere and everywhere for you, but coming up with nothing.

After this, they had to accept that you were gone. They didn't want to, god they didn't want to... but it was a long time since they've seen you. 

One by one, they accepted the cold, hard truth. 

 They would never forget you, never. They couldn't, even if they tried. You were very important to them.

(Here I go, making it sad again. I've been in a certain mood recently that I can't just seem to shake. This isn't gonna be a normal thing, just based on my mood.)

-Author out