ROTTMNT Donnie x Reader

(Donnie found you playing old games. You were playing Doki-Doki Literature Club. He plays with you, intrigued. You know what's in store, but he doesn't. And you want to keep it that way.

*SPOILERS FOR DOKI-DOKI LITERATURE CLUB*

TW: Depression, Self-harm and SUICIDE. LOTS OF SUICIDE.)

---

You sat in the lair, on your laptop; getting ready to play an old game that became popular again. 

You had played the game before, you were a big fan of it though, so you'd play it again.

"Hey, (Y/N)." Donnie casually greeted as he  walked by, only to be halted by the sight of what you were playing.

Intrigued, he sat next to you. "Whattttt are you doing?"

"About to play a game. You wanna play with me?" You asked.

"I dunno," he shrugged, laying his head gently on your shoulder, "Looks kinda boring."

"Looks can be deceiving, Don. It's not what you think it is."

"Doki-Doki? What's that mean?" He questioned, cocking his head slightly at the title screen. (the sound of a beating heart. I hate that this is the meaning.) 

"I'm not sure." you smiled evilly, you did know; you didn't want to give him any hint that this was a scary game. This was the perfect revenge to every time Donnie scared you.

You pressed "New Game" and were introduced to Donnie's new favorite character, Sayori. He just loved her bubbly attitude, and as time went on; her complex emotions. She reminded him a lot of Mikey. He didn't admit it, but he grew very, very attached almost immediately.

Nothing could prepare him for what happens next, Sayori finally admits to both of you that she had been struggling with really bad depression. This took Donnie aback. Wasn't this supposed to be a dating sim? They weren't supposed have complex emotions. He would be lying if he said he wasn't interested, though.

"What do we say, Don?" you asked, looking over to him. Two choices laid before him, "I love you" and "You'll always be my dearest friend"; for a moment, he didn't know what to pick. Would saying "I love you" really help her situation? She just admitted that it hurt when others showed care for her. He just didn't want to cause anymore harm. 

Even if it hurt her in that moment, he reached over your arm and clicked the second choice. He sighed, hoping he had made the right choice. 

---

It was the day of the festival, and Donnie already hated how quiet it was, and the fact that the guy you were playing basically ditched Sayori after the exchange yesterday. You'd think he'd at least make sure that she was okay but- he was just frustrated with the protagonist at the moment.

You met up with Monika, who told you that she already knew that you two already talked, which completely threw Don in a loop, how would she know? Again, this was just a dating sim, right? Why was everyone showing such complex emotions?

And he grew nervous when she said, "You kind of left her hanging this morning." What did that mean? Did he make the wrong choice? Did- did he hurt her?

You, however, grew fearful. You knew what was coming and hated dragging Donnie into it. You paused, "Are you sure you wanna continue?" He didn't even turn to look at you, he just kept his eyes on the computer screen. "Yeah, I have to know. Continue... please..." You sighed, you could tell by his voice that was deeply intrigued and wanted to see how this would turn out. You reluctantly continued the game. 

You two followed the protagonist into Sayori's house, knocking on her door before entering. To Donnie's horror he found that Sayori had hung herself. He didn't make the right choice! You looked away, refusing to look at his expression any longer. 

Meanwhile, Donnie was deeply confused. Monika told the protagonist that you left her "hanging", only for him to find her and that she hung herself. How in the world did she know? Unless, Sayori's death wasn't a suicide and that Monika killed her, but why? Why would she do that to her own friend?

Silence hung in the air until Donnie asked, "Can we... can we continue please?" You looked at him, surprised that he was taking this as well as he was. You nodded and continued.

---

Donnie hated this game, but also intrigued by it, as it reset itself. He learned that Sayori's character file was deleted from the game entirely, you were right, he really shouldn't have judged based on the title.

He was drawn in, this was way different than what he was used to playing; it was very interesting to him.

He noticed that Yuri was acting different as well as Natsuki. He slowly began to understand why Monika would do something like this: jealousy.

Yuri was WAY different than the last time he saw her. She grew obsessive over you, forcing you to spend time with her; her actions were very, VERY interesting to Donnie.

His heart sank when he saw that she cut herself, what was with this game?

Finally, she confessed that she was in love with you. He could feel that whatever he said here wouldn't matter, like Sayori. He had figured out that she would have hung herself regardless.

Still, he didn't know what to say. Yuri was an interesting person and he would love to research her character a little longer, but he also didn't like her that way.

He was right of course, no matter what he chose, it would always end up with her getting a little too excited or heartbroken that she repeatedly stabs herself with a knife that she had.

He also had been right about Monika being behind the deaths. Just not in the way he expected, turns out she KNEW that she was in a game and manipulated it to get closer to you.

Donnie was absolutely speechless, he was falling in love with this game! And the fact you had to delete her character file to get rid of her? Oh! It was absolutely perfect!

As the end credits rolled, he didn't say anything. He was so astonished. How had he never heard of this game?! It was so good!

You shut your laptop, looking over to see his eyes sparkle with pure astonishment. You smiled, well at least he enjoyed it.

(Ending there. I've always had a passion for DDLC. I still watch Game Grumps play it. I'm sorry, I'm just in love with Dan's reaction.)

- Author out

Everyday,

I imagine a future
Where I can be with you ❤️❤️❤️