𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛 🥀

"Theo and I broke up." I confessed to her. She pauses. "Are you happy with the decision?" She asked me.

I don't nod or respond to that question in any way. "Lia." She says. "Are you that "friend?"" She questioned, recalling our conversation. "I didn't mean to- I don't want to betray Theo, but as selfish as it sounds I want to give my heart what it truly wants." I poured out to her.

"And who do you want, Lia?"

His name got stuck in my throat just as it was about to leave my lips. "I can't say..."

She nodded and I appreciated her respect. "Lia, you broke things with Theo to save him from being hurt. Following your heart is nothing to feel guilty or be ashamed of." She told me.

"Really?" I said, looking up at her. "But what if it's...forbidden?"

"Forbidden how?" She repeats.

I gulped. "His- his family would never approve." I lied.

"Lia, sometimes you have to push boundaries for love."

"Love?" I gasped.

"You do not love him yet?" She asks. My lips part but my thoughts are jumbled. "I see the desperation in your eyes." She then says. "I'm sure his family will approve of you."

"It's difficult." Was all I said.

"And you can speak to me whenever, hm?" She said, walking towards my door. Before she leaves she stops, and faces me again. "Jaeh and I are leaving tomorrow for our date. I hope you haven't forgotten that you'll be staying with Jungkook." She explained. "I'm not as worried. I trust him with you." She adds before finally leaving me alone.

Trusts?

"Mama, wait!" I called when she left my room. Her head came back as she stood at my door frame. "Yes?.

"What did Jungkook study in Japan?" I asked, walking up to her. She looked at me slightly confused. "He's never really spoken about Japan to me and if he did it was vague." I continued.

"Finance, I'm sure." She replied.

"What do you mean you're sure?" I responded. "He was gone for three years and you have no real clue on what he was doing?" I scoffed. "Did he even study?" I said more to myself but she heard it.

"Lia, of course he studied. I mean- what else would he have done?" She scratched her head. "I'll speak with Jaeh." She then said before leaving.

"What else could he have done?"

I could think of a few things-

I found it weird how we've spoken about Japan yet no one really knew what he studied. It's like that part was purposely left out. Jaeh never fought it out of him and I've not heard one person ask him, "what did you do for those three years."

__________

"Lia, Set the table." My mother frowned. "Where is Jungkook?" I questioned, furrowing my brows at her. "Oh." She paused. "He is not home?"

I gave her a blank look and Jaeh walked into the kitchen. "Lia." He said looking at me. "Would you come with me for a second." He continued, glancing at my mother behind me.

"Is this going to be about earlier?" I asked as we walked out the kitchen. I looked at him when he was silent. "Why are we going to the basement?"