𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚒𝚡 🥀

I stared at the nurse as she looked through my reports. "And you've been sexually active?" She questioned again, looking up at me through the papers. I nodded, eagerly. "Yes, I have." She closed the report and raised her glasses over her head. "Then sweetheart it's too early for me to tell you right now. After unprotected intercourse it's usually takes two to three weeks for you to become pregnant so I suggest you take the test after two weeks." She explained.

I looked at the pregnancy test on her desk. "It's been almost ten days and I've missed my period." I told her. "That may not always mean you're pregnant. There are many factors which may have caused your missed period." She told me. "However, just to be safe- take it."

Her hand suddenly pressed on mine, "You're going to be okay." She assured me. I didn't realised I was crying until I felt the moisture under my eyes, "Sorry." I mumbled, wiping my face. "And thank you." I stood up and shoved the pregnancy test into my purse. My mother had no idea where I was. I left the very next day, early in the morning, before she could wake. After that dream I couldn't sleep in my bed. The thought of there being a piece of him growing inside of me kept me awake.

"Lia. If anything against your consent has happened to you-" The nurse began but I shook my head. "No, I'm just worried for myself." I told her. "And what about the father? Does he know there's a possibility?" She questioned and I looked at her. "There is no father." I said, "because there is no baby." I opened the door and left. I didn't want to be in that room or in this hospital for another minute.

__________

"Where have you been?" My mother asked as I took off my shoes. I ignored her but she came closer and took hold of my elbow, forcing me to face her. "I asked you where have you been?" She repeated. "Let go of my arm." I said, staring at her. "I am in no mood to talk or even look at anyone right now." Her eyes widened slightly and she released my arm. "You are not the only one going through this, Lia. You are not the only one who has lost someone. You think you can stay in your room all day and night and act as if you're the only one in pain?" She winced.

"When I lost your father, I lost a huge piece of myself too. I was ready to give up, Lia, but then I look at my seventeen year old daughter and said no. I didn't give up because of you. Jaeh only lightly covered up the hole in my heart but he was never able to heal me. He made me feels things I thought I would never feel again, but that was it." She said, wiping her tears before continuing. "But now I know why he was never fully able to heal me. It was because he was a bad man just like his son."

"His son was just a boy who lost his mother at a young age. He never had what you gave me growing up as a child. He doesn't know what he's doing." I cried. "You took one glance at the wrong side of him and feel as if you have enough right to judge him!"

"Why are you defending him!" She almost yelled in frustration. "Because- I love him!" Her hand collided with my cheek and my eyes widened in shock. "Stop it." She whimpered. "I want you to forget about him. Promise me you will. Promise me you won't let him take away the last piece of my family from me." She continued.

"He's already gone, mama." I said staring at her. "So you don't need to worry-  because he is never coming back for me." I wiped my tears and turned my back on her before making my way up the stairs, to my room.

I shut the door and threw my bag on the floor before walking towards my bed and collapsing on it. This was torture. The burning feeling of emptiness in my chest. It was no better than the feeling I felt when I was tied up in that dark, lonely room. The only difference being that he came for me.