𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚠𝚘🥀

He fell beside me and I turned my head to look at him. He turned his too, a smile on his face. "I was never able to sleep before you." He told me. "What kept you up?" I asked him. "Nightmares." He answered, looking up at the ceiling. "Nightmares about my mother abandoning me as a child." He breathed. I watched his chest rise and fall. "She didn't leave you. She never did." I said, placing my palm over his heart. "She's right here."

"You're there, too." He whispered, covering my hand with his.

He then closed his eyes and tightened his fingers around mine. "I'm not going to leave." I said, leaning towards him and kissing the side of his head. "As long as you keep me in here. I'm yours." I rested the side of my face on his shoulder with one thought on my mind. What if I should be the one to be afraid of being left alone?

What if I wake up to an empty bed like the very first time we-

His other hand pressed on the back of my head. "But what if our story doesn't end well?" He suddenly says. "What if I'm running out of chapters with you?" My brows furrowed and I raised my head. His eyes opened. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Will you wait for me?" He questioned.

I stared at him not knowing what to say. "Why? Are you going to leave me?" I said, bluntly. His hand cupped my neck and pulled my face closer to his. "Will you wait for me?" He repeated. My mouth became dry. "Yes." I whispered, but he shook his head. "Use your words and tell it to me." He told me.

"I will wait for you, Jungkook."

His eyes relaxed and he kissed my lips briefly before dropping his head onto the pillow. "I'll remember that." He breathed, closing his eyes again.

If only I knew sooner what he meant.

__________

Jungkook's pov:

"I'm in love with your daughter."

I felt the burn on my right cheek when she slapped me across the face and gripped my shirt. "How dare you do this to us- to my daughter!" She yelled, tears streaming down her red cheeks. Jaeh tried to pull her away from me but she only resisted more. I had no more words for her. I confessed everything to her. For Lia- and now I'm stood here, watching her mother slowly break down. "You- get away from me- you liar!" She screamed. Jaeh grabbed her arms and forced her to look at him. "May." He breathed, trying to handle her.

"May, please- would you just listen to me." He tried to console her but she refused instantly. "I would rather starve than listen to you again. You used me, Jaeh, at my weakest- and I did nothing but love you." She sobbed. "Lia needed you. I needed you." Her eyes flickered to mine. "Where is she?" She said, aggressively wiping her tears. "Where is my daughter?!"

"With me." I told her.

Her eyes darkened. "I want you and your father out of our lives." She announced. "How dare you put my daughters life in danger and still have the audacity to come ask for my permission!" She spat in disbelief. "You." She moved away from Jaeh and walked up to me before pressing the tip of her index finger against my chest. "You will never have her. She will never love you and I will make sure you never see her again." She threatened. Her fingers then curved into my shirt and her head suddenly fell on my chest.

I glanced up at Jaeh. There was an expression on his face. One I've never seen before. He was staring at May. "Bring Lia here." He then said, his eyes still glued to the back of her head. "Bring her now." He repeated with a bit more force. May lifted her head from my chest and glanced up at me. Her hand reached for the my cheek she had slapped. "Jungkook." She said. "You're a good boy, but what you and your father have done to my family is unforgivable. Lia is young. She doesn't know what love is yet." She told me. "Bring her to me and leave us." She then turned to Jaeh.

"I want you gone by today." We watched her silently walk up the stairs and into her room. There was silence as we listened to her sobs echo within the quiet house.

"Lia is all I have." I said before my father could walk away as-well. "So when she has my child, I am coming back for her." He froze, his eyes flickering to mine. "What have you done?" He asked, lowly.

"If what you say is true and I am the next heir, I want a family." I told him. "I am not dying alone in this sick, miserable world." He looked me dead in the eyes. "And if she doesn't have your child?" He questioned. "I will still come back for her." I answered.

He shook his head and began walking away. "You're making a mistake, Jungkook."

"You made the same mistake." I said and he paused, his back facing me. "And what kind of son doesn't learn from their fathers mistake?" I continued, walking to him. "Lia, will have my baby and that child will become the reason I want to live in this hell hole." I growled.

"Like father, like son." He scoffed.

__________

Lia's pov:

I woke up to see him sitting on the edge of the bed. He was already dressed and his back was facing me. I sat up and crawled towards him. His hand instantly responded to mine as they wrapped around his waist, hugging him from behind. "Did you go somewhere?" I questioned, pressing my cheek to the back of his shoulder. He then turned his head and I lifted my face. "No." He said, his eyes flickering down to my mouth.

The edge of my lips twitched before moving forward and pressing my mouth to his. He parted his and I kissed only his bottom lip before raising my mouth to his cheek and kissing him there. "Kiss me more, please." He begged, taking my waist and pulling me onto his lap. His eyes shut and I cupped his face before pressing my lips to his eyes, then his nose, forehead, and cheeks. "Did someone hit you?" I asked, rubbing my fingers over his red cheek.

He opened his eyes. "I need to take you back home." He said, rubbing his thumb across my neck. "Why- what happened?" I asked. "Your mother needs you." He answered. "Okay." I said and tried to get off his lap but he held me against him. I looked at him and his lips parted as if he was about to speak, "Okay, go." He only said, releasing me.

I stood up and began walking towards the bathroom only to turn around and see him staring at me from the bed. Something about the way he looked at me felt off but I ignored the feeling. My worst mistake.

_________