𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 🥀

"Thank you for deciding to meet me." Mina said as I sat down in front of her. I took my jacket off and hung it on the back of my chair. "Why did you want to meet me?" I asked, and the waiter approached our table. "Anything?" He asked.

She looked at me. "Coffee is fine, thanks." I told him. Mina didn't order anything. "I want to tell you everything about him." She said. I noticed her nails digging into her wrist. Her eyes then met mine again. "Everything." She repeated, the corner of her eyes turning red as if she was about to burst out in tears.

"Okay." I said, slowly reaching for her wrist and stopping her fingers. "I'm listening."

___________

9 hours before.

"Here." He said, sliding a box to me. I glanced down at it. "You lost your phone so-"

"I didn't loose it." I said, interrupting him. "The man took it and crushed it." He nodded slowly, breaking eye contact. "I've already set it up. All your contacts should be there." He continued. "Can I call my mother?" I asked but paused almost immediately. Did I ... just ask him that?

He looked up at me and then stood up. "I'll be in the other room." He said, walking out. I quickly took the phone out of the box and switched it on. I paused when I saw the lock screen. It was a picture of myself from the night we first had dinner with Mina and her family. It felt like ages ago...

I never knew this picture of me even existed.

I went through my contacts and my thumb paused over my mother name. What do I tell her? The truth? The only reason stopping me from telling her the truth was her mental health. I didn't want to worry her or cause stress about me. I exhaled and pressed her name before placing the phone to my ear.

She instantly answered. "Mu-"

"Lia!" She breathed. "How is your trip going? You didn't send me any pictures!" She continued and my brows furrowed. "Trip?" I repeated. "I-it's going fine." I then said, clenching the bed sheet beside me when I heard how happy she sounded. "I'm glad, but be back home. I miss my baby." She cooed.

I wiped beneath my eyes and nodded even though she couldn't see. "Yeah." I breathed. "I just miss you that's all."

"Awh sweetheart, I miss you too." She answered. "Okay, bye." I whispered. "Don't forget to send my regards to Jungkook." She said and I cut the call after saying my last bye.

She knew nothing. It's as if what happened to me never happened. But that was what I wanted, right? For her to not know-

I dropped the phone beside me and reached for my lip. The stitches... they should've ripped from last night but instead there was a new plaster over them. "It started to bleed so I had to plaster it when you were asleep." Jungkook said, standing at the foot of the open door. I looked up at him and stood up before walking towards the bathroom.

I heard his footsteps before his arm took my elbow, pulling me away from the bathroom door. "Lia." He said, turning me around. "Forgive me." I ignored him and tried to release myself from his grip but it was firm. "I lost control last night, please." He pleaded, I could hear the pain in his voice.

"Let go." I said, looking at his hand. He released my elbow and I was about to turn around when he stepped in front of me. "Lia." He repeats but I still don't look at him. "Excuse me." I say and he waits for me to look at him. He then slowly moves to the side and I walk into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.