Round 1 of Masters Tournament & My Changes

Okay, so I'm reviewing the Masters 8 Tournament Round 1, spoilers for the current Pokemon Anime!

Round 1 Match-Ups:

1. Alain vs Leon

2. Diantha vs Lance

3. Cynthia vs Iris

4. Ash vs Steven

First match was very brutal:

Leon's Rillaboom took out Alain's Chestnaught with Acrobatics, which yeah, almost OHKO!

Alain's Charizard with Flare Blitz (why tho) takes out Leon's Rillaboom, which shows that Leon's Pokemon can lose battles.

Then Leon's Charizard one shots Alain's Malamar, and due to recoil damage from Flare Blitz, Leon's Charizard basically THREE SHOT Alain's Mega Charizard X! With Air Slash before Mega, then Ancient Power and Dragon Pulse after it Mega Evolved!

Leon won with only one Pokemon fainting!

Second match was honestly the second best in my opinion:

Lance's Ace Dragonite (FINALLY), beats Diantha's Arouras, which note: Her Pokemon were all the ones that she has in game! But they forgot that she doesn't need to talk to command her Pokemon so that's why it's not my favorite. Diantha didn't win in brute strength, she needed strategy to win, Trick-Or-Treat to beat Gyarados, and Diantha took out Hydriegon with Moonblast and managed to beat Dragonite after Dynamax!

The third one, Iris vs Cynthia is my favorite:

Excadrill, her starter Pokemon managed to beat Gastradon (who in game would most likely LOSE), then got taken out by Milotic quickly, Dragonite also fell to Milotic quickly, and then Haxorous finished up the Milotic, and starts holding up against Cynthia's Garchomp, who decimated Haxorous as an Axew back in BW, and almost looked like she would win until...she showed why she had lipstick in the first place:

she showed why she had lipstick in the first place:

Her key stone...and Garchomp Mega Evolves, and even with that, it was somewhat close!

Now, there's the last battle, which I actually dislike more than the Alain disrespect fight!

Ash vs Steven in Lumiose Trainer Zac's opinion was slightly better to him, but I just feel like it was done badly!

First of all, Dracovish got bodied, mainly cause Ash used Fishious rend against Metagross (which is his best option) and Dragon Rush against Aggron (his second to worst option, the worst being Ice Fang), and Dracovish got TWO SHOT! Next Aggron fainted to Burn Chip, and DAZZLING GLEAM, a move it RESISTS! Gengar uses Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball against Cradily, even though Sludge Bomb is his best attack and Ice Punch isn't resisted by Rock, and ends up fainting to POWER WHIP! Sure it's brutal, but it's resisted!

Pikachu's battle with Cradily was, in my opinion, the best part of the battle! Pikachu got close, trapped the Power Whip with Electroweb, and while Cradily failed to free itself, Pikachu used Iron Tail! Now THAT'S a match!

Finally, was Mega Shiny Metagross vs Pikachu, and Pikachu got wrecked! Ash decides to use the very best move he can even use out of his whole team, 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt, which this is the one time, it DOESN'T KO the opponent, but keep in mind only three of the bolts hit, three missed, and one blocked Flash Cannon because Metagross tried to get behind Pikachu again to get another cheap shot! The Z-Move stuns Metagross enough that Pikachu lands an Iron Tail that defeated Mega-Metagross, making Pikachu's record against Metagross 3 to nothing! Pikachu somehow has never fainted to a Metagross by the time I write this!

Now, the 2nd and 3rd Matches I like enough to keep the same, maybe have them take more attacks and dodging but besides that we're good.

Now we get to the ones I wish to fix: Alain vs Leon and Ash vs Steven! For this, I'm making a rule that they have to use the exact same Pokemon for the fight, but I am allowed to change  a gimmick they use, and if they didn't use all three Pokemon, I can reveal them.

Alain vs Leon, first is actually making it closer! So Charizard is revealed last for Leon, and uses Aegislash against Malamar, who ends up winning that, until Mega Charizard beats Aegislash, then loses to Charizard. Rillaboom and Chestnaught is the same, with Alain recalling Charizard when Aegislash came out.

Next is Ash vs Steven, which this is taking a lot of changes!

First of all, Ash in my version of this, IS USING GIGANTAMAX GENGAR!!! Dracovish faints but did a bit to Aggron, and Gengar finishes it off with Burn and Shadow Ball, then Ash realizes he's losing to Cradily so he uses Gigantamax to get a Special Attack boost from Max Ooze, then uses 2 G-Max Terrors against Mega Metagross, which deals a LOT, but Metagross finishes Gengar with Psychic and Meteor Mash, then Pikachu uses his Electroweb Slingshot and Iron Tail combo to stun Metagross, then Pikachu uses Thunderbolt to dodge Meteor Mash, before Pikachu finishes the job with Iron Tail, in XYZ style!

Also for the gimmicks of each match, here's who Ash would use them for:

Gigantamax/Dynamax on Gengar for Steven, obviously!

Mega Evolution on Lucario for Cynthia to match Garchomp, if he uses Gengar again for it I'll be upset.

Z-Move with Pikachu for Leon's Charizard, because, guys, I think it's obvious that I will be upset if Ash uses Mega Lucario against Charizard, it's not right, Pikachu is his best buddy, and actually was the first Pokemon to ever battle Charizard, so Ash SHOULD use Pikachu to get revenge on Leon's Charizard battle wise!