Ranking Ash's Teams from Worst to Best!

Okay, these are 1. My thoughts on it, but not how much I like the teams, and 2. Based on my criteria:

Criteria 1. I will be looking at battle records.

Criteria 2. I will dock points for team imbalance in power levels or shared weaknesses.

Criteria 3. How well they did in the league will have some of an impact, not that big of a one, but will be noted.

Also: Pikachu will NOT count at all for ANY of the teams, because Pikachu will cancel himself out for this!

Number 8:

The team in last place, you probably already expected this: Unova team is dead last. So many Pokemon that not only share type weaknesses, but some of them (Boldore, Unfezant, and Snivy), got very little time to shine! Also, this is the only League that Ash did WORSE than the previous one! Going from Semi-Finals to Quarter Finals, and the match he lost shows how unbalanced the team is! For types, it's even worse! 3 are weak to Water, 3 weak to Grass, 2 weak to Electric, 2 weak to Fire (one having a 4 times weakness), 3 weak to Fighting, 4 weak to Flying (with them being the same from the Fire one), and 3 weak to Ice, 2 weak to Fairy. Yeah, it's insanely imbalanced!

Number 7:

While I can somewhat excuse the Unova team as it's hard to not have imbalance with so many Pokemon...the seventh place to me, KALOS, has NO EXCUSE! First, I'll start with the good thing: Ash made it to the FINALS! Now, let's start with Type problems, because of SO MANY DANG WEAKNESSES!

3 weak to Electric

2-3 weak to Rock (Hawlucha I don't remember)

3 weak to Ice (4 if it's Freeze Dry)

And the main reason why it's not in the top four: 4 out of the FIVE Pokemon Ash caught in Kalos, are WEAK, to FAIRY, the BEST TYPE IN THE GAME!!!

Now we get to the reason that isn't as bad as Fairy, but knocks it out of 6th place, everyone's favorite Ninja Frog is actually the problem this time!

He is one of Ash's best mons, but the issue is that he seems a bit TOO powerful!

Like it makes the rest look like they are trash! And remember, Greninja, can't solo teams! Remember his best battles with Saywer's Sceptile, and Alain's Charizard, he can't take all the credit, because Pikachu actually did some damage before Greninja came out! And Pikachu fell to Charizard quickly because Pikachu fought a Tyranitar and Metagross ALONE!

Anyways, yeah, they really ruined it with balancing, so I see Ash's loss in Kalos justified!

Number 6:

Next up is the Hoenn team...

Good job to Ash getting to Top 8 two times in a row!

Sceptile was an awful Ace, but Torkoal was worse!

2 Pokemon weak to Electric

3 weak to Rock

2 weak to Ice (3 if Freeze Dry)

And that's all the shared weaknesses!

If that was just power balance, this one would take the second spot, because even the ace doesn't excel over the rest mostly. (minus the Fire Tortoise)

Number 5: Alola...

It hurts to put my favorite Region this low...but in hindsight, it's not the greatest for Ash's team, but I will at least put it higher than Kalos...

4 out of the 5 Pokemon (3 if Naganadel floats) are weak to Ground (and we all know how annoying EARTHQUAKE is)!

3 weak to Fighting

2 weak to Ice

2 weak to Water

2 weak to Fire

1-2 weak to Rock (Idk if grass resists rock)

And that's mainly it...

The league ASH WON!!! WHOO!

As for the power balances, they seem very balanced, for the most part.

Number 4:

Johto

Now we hit the top four!

Some weaknesses aren't that harsh because other members counter them easily!

The League doesn't count for this because Ash used Kanto Mons too.

They all are VERY balanced out, like, this is the one that takes first in Power Balancing!

Number 3: Kanto

Ash didn't do too badly for his first regional journey!

This counts Orange Islands too!

The only ones that I'm disappointed by are Butterfree, Pidgeot, and Lapras's Performances, and Ash caught quite a bit in Kanto!

Good job Kanto and Orange Island Pokemon!

Number 2: Journeys

2 weak to Psychic

1 weak to Ice (it's two double weaknesses with Freeze Dry)

2 weak to Ground, but only because Gengar is Poison, when he can fly.

This would  be number 1, but for the same reason Greninja dragged a bit of Kalos down for this, Lucario does the same...

Lucario, is acting too much in the power department! And poor Dracovish and Sirfetch'd! >_I

...

if you did process of Elimination, Sinnoh takes the top spot!

You could make a claim that some of his Pokemon did badly, but they got other times to shine mostly.

Torterra almost beat Elite Four Bertha's ACE IN A ONE ON ONE, and if that's not enough Arron's Ace Drapion lost to Jessie's Seviper, and Torterra beat the Seviper, in a One on one fight!

Gliscor got some developing, and so did Buizel and Staraptor!

The balancing parts aren't great...but hey, Ash did pretty well with some of the league!

Also, Ash beat Paul's Drapion without any super effective moves!

Like, Ash, 4 Ice Weaknesses, 3 of which are Double Weaknesses, really?

But overall, the team is really well made in my opinion, so that's why it's the top spot!

Although Infernape is a bit too busted not gonna lie, but at least he didn't ONE SHOT THE ACE!