𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. family line

CHAPTER EIGHT: FAMILY LINE !

8x14

━━━━━━

CASEY ARRIVED AT THE ROUNDTABLE ROOM, HALF ASLEEP DUE TO THE LACK OF SLEEP SHE'D BEEN GETTING FOR OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS. The team had been called in for yet another case. They had been listening in on a recording of a phone call from a father about his missing daughters.

Hotch paused the recording. "That call came in an hour ago." He told. "How does a single father lose his teenage daughters for 36 hours?" JJ questioned. "He doesn't." Rossi told. "He loses them on Monday but calls on Wednesday? If anything, he sounds like the suspect." Casey told. "His girls are gone. He doesn't blame anyone." Blake tells.

"And he doesn't use any buzzwords first responders are trained to hear. He never says missing, abducted, runaway." Morgan says. "Maybe that's what they did, though. Maybe they ran away." Garcia tells.

"There's no history of that." Rossi tells. "The likelihood of a stranger abduction in a neighborhood like this is rare. I've counted 7 turns from the entrance to their driveway. No one just stumbled onto the house." Reid explains.

"And where's the mother? Could this be a parental child abduction?" JJ asks. "Uh, doubtful." Hotch says. "Exactly one year ago today he made this call." Hotch plays another recording. "She'd also been missing for two days before he contacted authorities, and she's never been found."

"This man is either the victim of a serial offender or he is one." Rossi says. "Please tell me this guy's in custody." Morgan says. "The Salisbury police are at his home and they've been there since the call came in." Hotch told.

"There are hard copies and tablet copies of both case files on the plane." As Garcia explained, Reid handed Casey a file and a map he used for the geographical area so she'd help out on that. "It's a short flight to the eastern shore. There'll be more when you land."

On the jet, the team had been going over the family line and what occurred before the abductions. "Bruce and Judy Morrison were well liked and active in the community. All signs point to them living a quiet life." JJ explains as Reid hands Casey a coffee mug.

"He's a writer and a professor, and it looks like she got into real estate a few years ago." Morgan pointed out. "'02, before the market crashed." Rossi says.

"Well, ten years later Judy had an affair with a co-worker, a Jeff Godwin?" JJ read. "That was discovered in the investigation but never made it in the papers." Blake tells. "Bruce Morrison was a prime suspect, but they never found any evidence and the affair wasn't deemed enough of a motive. The university's put him on sabbatical since then." Hotch explained.