𝒍𝒙𝒗𝒊. just married

CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX: JUST MARRIED !

11x03

━━━━━━

THE TEAM WAS CALLED IN FOR A... YOU GUESSED IT, A CASE! Spencer and Casey sat next to one another as Hotch, Garcia and Morgan walked into the conference room. Casey was now fiddling with her ring more often than not now. Ever since the double date a few weeks ago, Casey had been thinking about the wedding and getting married nonstop now. Usually, she kept her cool but she was really freaking out about it much more recently.

     "Let's get started." Hotch told as Casey stopped fiddling with her ring and sat up. Garcia goes to the front of the screen. "Okay. Savannah, Georgia, known for its charm and southern hospitality, though not so much for Brandy Green of Dover, Delaware, because 3 months ago, she came to town for a bachelor party, and after a night of bar hopping with her bridesmaids, ended up in a dumpster in a back alley." Garcia explained.

      "Cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head." Morgan points out. "What's that wrapped around her face?" Rossi questions. "That would be sash she was wearing all night that says 'Bride-To-Be' embroidered on it?" Garcia told. "The wrapping could be ritualistic, like a shroud of some sort." Spencer assumes.

     "Or a sign of the killer's remorse." Tara tells. "There's a chance he could've hid their faces as a form of disgust. Taking away their beauty the night before they get married." Vivian says. "But this happened three months ago. Why are we getting this now?" Casey questions.

      "Because two days ago, the body of Ashley Wilcox of Dayton, Ohio, was also found in an alley dumpster in Savannah." Hotch told as Garcia showed more photos on the screens. "And she also had blunt force trauma, but she was strangled to death with her bride-to-be sash." Garcia told.

      "It's unlikely the work of the same jilted lover, since the two women lived in different states hundreds of miles apart." Rossi points out. "There's a chance they could be surrogates." Vivian shrugs.

     "Any sign of sexual assault?" Tara asks. "None on Brandy. We don't know about Ashley yet." Garcia tells. "What's interesting is the unsub doesn't care about hiding the bodies very well." Spencer points out. "Well, he'd have to be physically fit to lift the bodies into the dumpsters." Morgan tells. "He could be sending a message that to him women are trash, disposable, following Vivian's theory with the disgust of the beauty." Rossi tells, motioning towards Vivian.

      "No, this is about marriage," Tara tells. "He's taking these brides on the eve of what should be the happiest day of their lives. He wants to crush that. Their weddings have become their wakes."