𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. the strange thing about the johnsons

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: THE STRANGE THING ABOUT THE JOHNSONS !

9x09

━━━━━━

CASEY HAD FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM AT THE CRIME SCENE. Garcia informed the team of the new case and Casey had insisted that Spencer meet her at the crime scene while she waited for her grandmother to arrive. Of course, Edith was a couple of minutes late but she had eventually gotten there.

Casey was grateful that her grandmother moved all the way closer to her and her family but it was times like these that she wish she didn't take so long. Eventually, Casey had driven down to the address and arrived just in time to see the team huddled around a table.

"I'm here, I'm here, I'm sorry. Had to wait on the sitter." Casey told as she joined the group, disheveled. "Sorry," She tells, out of breath. "What did I miss?"

        "Water and power company was digging in the backyard, found the remains of two bodies." Hotch debriefs and Casey nods. "How long have the Johnsons lived here?" Blake asks. "Thirty-five years and they're upstanding citizens. Husband's the block captain, the wife's on neighborhood watch." Spencer explains.

       "There's no indication of how long the bodies have been here." Vivian stated. "We're waiting for the ME to arrive." Morgan informs. "Forensics will tell us how long they've been down there." Hotch says.

       "Where's the family now?" Rossi questions. "The husband and son work at the father's construction company. They're on their way back home right now, and Mrs. Johnson's inside the house." Spencer explains.

      "I'm going to go talk to her." Hotch tells. "I'll come with you." Casey says, grasping onto Spencer's hand quickly before leaving.

      Casey had followed behind her boss and didn't even realize that Vivian was also trailing behind them, as well. Mrs. Johnson had been standing in the driveway with her husband and son as they had just arrived. "Charles, tell these officers that we don't know anything about dead bodies in our yard!" Mrs. Johnson tells.

"What are you talking about?" Mr. Johnson questions.
"They think we're killers." Mrs. Johnson says and Mr. Johnson notices Hotch, Casey and Vivian as Hotch dismisses the officer next to Mrs. Johnson.

"Yes, sir, I'm Agent Hotchner, this is Agent Willows and Agent Hudson, we're with the FBI." Hotch introduced.
"I need to talk to you."

As Hotch says this sentence, Casey takes notice of another man in the vehicle and he scrams the first chance he gets. "Lyle?!" Mrs. Johnson yells and that causes Casey and Hotch to chase after the man as Vivian stays behind with the Johnsons. They call his name as they run down the street, chasing him.