𝒍𝒊𝒊𝒊. just say something

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE: JUST SAY SOMETHING !

10x14

━━━━━━

      CASEY WILLOWS HAD FINISHED TUCKING HER ONE-YEAR OLD TO BED. Christopher had fallen asleep in her arms after she had been reading to him in the rocking chair. Since Spencer was usually the one that read him to bed, it had taken a bit longer for Chris to fall asleep but with Casey's luck, she successfully had gotten him to sleep. Christopher was starting to get used to Casey reading him to bed now.

       Once she got a look at his crib, she realized that they eventually had to replace the crib with a regular beg for Chris. It would be easier if he had a bed now. But since everything that happened... it must've slipped her mind.

       Casey looked around Christopher's room and the added item on the wall. The Rochester snow globe — a reminder of his great uncle Gideon — his namesake. A piece of him for Christopher to remember.

        Casey looked down. Ever since her father admitted the secret that confused her, she kept it secret. Not even Spencer knew. And it wouldn't matter anyways. He wasn't speaking much recently, anyways.

         The woman's phone buzzed in her pocket and she pulled it out to check the message. Speak of the devil, Spencer had been messaging her.

doc❤️
Taking another late night. Love you. -Spence

          Casey wasn't even surprised anymore. It had been like this for the past few days. He wasn't coming home, he was staying at the office all late hours of the night. Casey had wondered if he had been getting any sleep while he was there or if he had a caffeine IV in his system. She barely saw him anymore. And it was starting to not only affect her... but her son, as well.

          She knew that since Gideon died, Spencer had been taking it pretty hard. Maybe even harder than her. She understood why. Gideon was his mentor and his father-figure. It pained him to lose him. But it was starting to be too much for Casey. In ways, she felt alone. She had tried to speak to him to see what was up with him and assured him she'd always be there for him but he'd either brush her off or changed the subject entirely.

Casey went to go and reply back to Spencer but she decided to erase her message before she sent it. If space was what he needed, space is what he would get.

          The Willows found herself back in their bedroom, tucking herself into bed, the other side of it feeling empty without Spencer. She was faced towards his side of the bed, feeling as if a ghost had taken his spot. It hurt her, almost. She turned away, feeling pained that he wasn't even here to sleep beside. She wished for the cuddles, for him to hold her. But he wasn't.