𝒙𝒍. physical

CHAPTER FORTY: PHYSICAL !

9x18

━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS HAD BEEN GROWING ODDLY SUSPICIOUS OF HER FIANCÉ IN THE PAST WEEK. He was always groaning whenever he walked around the apartment or bent down to get something, he was always smelling like sweat and he was too tired for "in-bed activities".

Today was one of those days where he reeked of sweat and was walking around slowly and painfully — almost like an old man. It was like seeing Rossi when Morgan would push him in the pool on purpose.

Casey almost had half the mind to guess that he was cheating but she knew he would never. But Spencer's never ending groans were starting to annoy her as they walked up the steps to the conference room. "Okay, what's going on?" She decided to finally ask.

"What do you mean 'what's going on'?" Spencer asked, confusedly. Casey looks at her fiancé with squinted eyes and decides to leave it alone so she walks away. "Never mind."

        They arrive to the conference room where Spencer struggles with sitting down in his seat next to Casey. Before Casey could bother to question it again, Garcia walks in the room. "I'm ready, sir." She speaks. "All right, let's get started." Hotch starts.

       "Oh, great," Garcia exhales sharply. "Okay. So, this morning, a Wisconsin park ranger discovered 3 partially buried bodies in a forest preserve just outside Milwaukee."

        "Two male and one female," Blake starts. "He doesn't appear to have a gender preference." Rossi continues, "Decomposed. They weren't all killed at the same time."
"And that is why I call you 'Eagle Eye'. Preliminary ME reports they'd each been killed about a month apart." Garcia states. "The most recent victim, Susan Clark, has been dead approximately two weeks."

      "28-year-old exotic dancer and prostitute." JJ points out.
"High-risk lifestyle. What about the other two?" Casey asked curiously. "I haven't ID'd them yet." Garcia says. "Cause of death?" Vivian asks. "Still working on that, too." Garcia nods.

      "Looks like they were all covered in bite marks." Morgan points out. "From the unsub?" JJ asks. "Probably from critters out in the woods." Rossi figures. "No, they'd definitely be just bones by now." Vivian says. "Lovely." Casey comments sarcastically.

      "He murdered them months apart but buried them all in the exact same spots. The disposal site's obviously important to him." Spencer stated.

      "Susan Clark was reported missing 6 weeks ago. There were long-term ligature marks on her wrists and ankles." Hotch tells. "He holds them captive before he kills them." Rossi says. "But what exactly is he holding them for?" Blake asks.