𝒙𝒊𝒊. haunted by the past

CHAPTER TWELVE: HAUNTED BY THE PAST !

8x18

━━━━━━

"JUST TAKE A FEW STEPS, YOU'VE GOT THIS..." Casey heard her physical therapist encourage her as she held the bars in front of her and took a deep breath. She'd been going to her appointments for the last few weeks and Casey was hoping to see more progress by this time. It was one day at a time for her.

         "Come on, Casey, you've got this, girl. Come on." Casey began to take baby steps towards her physical therapist. Casey chuckled to herself as she walked slowly, her therapist cheering her on at every step. Yes, there was pain but Casey knew that eventually it'd go away if she kept this up.

         "Rossi, you seeing this?" Casey turned her head towards her ride to the physical therapy center. Rossi had offered to go with the girl to her appointment. Casey didn't really go anywhere by herself anymore — to be honest, she hated it but knew it calmed everyone else's nerves.

"I see it," Rossi said as Casey began to take a step towards her encouraging therapist. "Let's go, Casey!" Casey had finally made it towards the end and smiled. "Now, let's turn around and get you going on the other side." Casey nodded at the woman.

After the appointment, Casey was told that she'd be able to walk with crutches in no time to get her going. Her therapist had even resulted in getting her said crutches so she'd practice. For the next two weeks, she'd still be in the wheelchair but would gradually make her way up to the crutches.

         Now, Casey and Rossi had decided to stop by a house that Morgan had been working on to surprise him. "Hey. We thought we'd lend you a hand." Rossi stated, holding a bottle of alcohol in his hand and Morgan smirked. "Ah, Rossi, Casey." Casey smiled in response. "Brought a little something to drink. I like that."

"Well, you can't do renovation without a little bevvy." Rossi stated. "I'm not, I'm just here to watch the show." Casey told.

"Wait a minute, now. You know I don't renovate. I restore. There's a big difference. I actually think there used to be some shutters here once upon a time. I'm hoping they're upstairs in the attic. I want to see what I can do with them." Morgan explained.

"Well, why don't we start with a couple glasses?" Rossi suggested and Morgan smiled, "That I can definitely do." Suddenly, Casey's cell phone rang and Rossi 'ooh'ed. "Flag on the play." Morgan stated as Casey answered, "Yeah?" Garcia had called her and told her that they had a case. "Okay, we'll be right there." Casey sighed. She hung up and looked at her coworkers. "Duty calls."