𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊. novelty

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: NOVELTY !

━━━━━━

        TODAY WAS VIVIAN HUDSON'S FIRST DAY ON THE JOB. She was usually used to doing this now, taking over for agents and detectives on maternity leave. Since she took a step back from the detective job, it was easier to do it this way when she missed the thrill of the job. So taking over for Casey and Spencer seemed like a piece of cake.

        The woman took a deep breath as she looked at the building in front of her before she entered the building. In a way, she felt like she belonged but she knew she had to earn her way to the top. She walked outside from the elevator and then soon realized that she was joined by Derek Morgan and Jennifer Jareau.

       "Morning, Agent Morgan, Agent Jareau." Vivian greeted. "Detective Hudson," Morgan said. "Or should I also say — Agent Hudson."

       "Oh, well, I haven't made my way up to Agent yet. I have to train for this kinda stuff." Vivian told. "Even if you're already experienced at it?" JJ asked in curiousness.
"It's just protocol," Vivian told. "For now, I'm assuming it's still Detective?  And please, call me Vivian, we will be spending some time together anyways."
       "Well, Vivian, you may as well get used to us as Derek and JJ." Morgan tells, getting a chuckle from both JJ and Vivian.

       "Up here, my pretties, we're ready!" Garcia announced to the three downstairs front the roundtable room. With that, the three headed up to the room where Vivian was greeted once more.

        "Everyone, you remember Detective Hudson." Hotch told and Vivian shook Rossi's hand as well as Blake's.
"Happy to be here." Vivian smiles. "Alright, let's get started." Hotch nods towards Garcia as they all take their spots at the roundtable.

         "A couple of weeks ago, in Tennessee, a young girl was reported missing. Susan Gregory, 14. Her father decided to call in reinforcements after a couple of weeks." Garcia explained.

         "Only thing they found on her was a hat." Morgan tells. "And some dried blood." JJ added.

        "After that discovery, authorities confirmed the possibility that she was dead. Her father then started doing digging and is convinced his daughter didn't just go missing, she was killed." Garcia stated.

        "Now, dad's going door to door, doing his own investigation." Blake tells. "Disturbing the peace." Rossi comments.

        "Now the authorities want us to stop him from doing so, but I think we have a case here." Hotch nudges his head for Garcia to continue. "Another girl in the area has also gone missing. Daphne Vera, 7."