𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒗. family reunion

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE: FAMILY REUNION !

━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS HAD BEEN DREADING THIS DAY FOR A FEW WEEKS NOW. The big family reunion Lennox and Leah wanted. And of course, her and Spencer were hosting it.

The whole night before, Casey had wanted to call the whole thing off, saying that it was a mistake and that they shouldn't go through with it. They could say Christopher had a doctor's appointment, they could say they got called away on a case and vacate in Mexico.

But Spencer Reid being the loving, assuring husband he is reminded Casey that they were doing this for her family. And that everything would be fine. Of course, he couldn't guarantee that considering who they were inviting but... he knew that Casey could believe him if he said it.

It was already four o'clock and Casey had left to go and pick up her father from his hotel he was staying at. Spencer was currently in the kitchen, checking on the chicken Casey put in the oven an hour prior. Lennox walked into the room to get a sparkling water out of the fridge. "Hey, Spencer." She greeted as she did so. "Hey." Spencer said.

Lennox furrowed her brows as she saw what Spencer was doing. "Whadaya doing?" She decides to ask. She wasn't sure she had seen Spencer cooking before. Usually, Casey did most of it since she knew how to.

"Just checking the chicken," Spencer told. "Casey made it and put it in the oven before she left." Lennox looked around. "Where'd she go?" She asked, not even realizing she was gone.

"She's picking up James," Spencer then turns over to Lennox. "You haven't met him yet, have you?" He asks curiously. "Uh, once when you were in Las Vegas with your mom. He seemed nice."

Spencer nods and Lennox thinks to herself as she leans against the counter. "She didn't have a good relationship with him, did she?" She asked. "I noticed it when we were visiting him. And it explains why he's staying in a hotel and not with you guys."

Spencer thought to himself as he faced Lennox now. "Casey had always had a complicated relationship with her dad. But so did I. He, uh, left me when I was ten — only left a note." He said. He doesn't think he's told Lennox that before. "What a piece of—" Spencer sends a warning look to Lennox before she could finish her sentence. "—jerk." She decides to finish off with. "What a... piece of... jerk."

"I got over it later on. I just decided that I wanted to be better than him. So, I did that but getting more PhDs." Spencer joked, making Lennox chuckle. "And I also did that by being a father to Christopher and to... you, too." He didn't want to make Lennox uncomfortable when he said that so he said it low enough that he couldn't hear it himself but Lennox heard it.