𝒙𝒄𝒊𝒗. stoplight

CHAPTER NINETY-FOUR: STOPLIGHT !

━━━━━━

2012

        SPENCER REID AND CASEY WILLOWS HAD JUST MADE IT OFFICIAL. Casey admitted her feelings for Spencer and now, they're in a local coffee shop that was open twenty-four hours at eight o'clock at night. Casey had no idea what to call him now, her boyfriend? She didn't care, as long as she could always be with him.

        They spent their time in the coffee, asking each other questions, trying to get to know each other better like they had just met each other.

       "So, when did you realize that you liked me?" Casey questions, curiously as she sipped from her coffee cup. "A couple of times, actually." Spencer admitted truthfully, tucking his hair behind his ears in nervousness. "I think the first time may have been the first time you got shot. And you... you wanted me to stay with you. Why did you want me to stay with you?" He wondered.

        Casey shrugged, "I... just felt comforted... knowing you were there." Spencer smiled a bit, that same dopey smile Casey found adorable.

         Spencer reached over and grabbed Casey's hand and Casey realized how his hand just fit like a glove. Just perfectly. "You know... I've always..." Spencer couldn't even find the right words to say here. "I always thought I was never gonna find that type of happiness. In someone. You know, I've always been weird and lanky and awkward. But you made me embrace that side of myself."

         Casey smiled and blushed as he spoke to her in such a loving way. She could get used to that. "Good," She said. "Because I like you that way." They both laugh and Casey leans closer to him to kiss him.

          The woman felt Spencer smile into the kiss and cupped her face with his large hands, hands she wanted to feel all the time. Casey then pulled away for a breath of air nearly abruptly and before Spencer could chase her lips with his, she pushed him away gently. "Sorry." She said.

         Spencer furrowed his brows in confusion. "What?" He asked. "I can't stop kissing you." Casey chuckled and Spencer shrugged, "I don't mind." He was about to try and kiss her again but Casey put a hand on his shoulder. "Even the germs?" She questioned.

        "I have always said it's safer to kiss," Spencer told. "With the number of pathogens in—"

       Casey interrupts him. "In germs and all that stuff." With that, Spencer pulled her in for another kiss. He could remember how soft her lips felt against his forever. And with his eidetic memory, he could get used to this.