𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. mirror man

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT: MIRROR MAN !

10x07

━━━━━━

SPENCER AND CASEY HUDDLED OVER AT CASEY'S DESK AS THEY SCANNED THROUGH CASEY'S LAPTOP OF LOCAL DAYCARES. "I don't know, none of them... are... calling to me." Spencer told, taking a sip from his coffee mug.

"What about that one?" Casey pointed to one of the daycares she recognized and Spencer almost immediately shakes his head. "No way." He told, adamantly. "Oh, come on. That's the one I used to go to when I was little." Casey stated. "And you were messy for about half of your life before we met," Spencer stated, to which Casey shrugged at the fair enough response. "Furthermore, we should be looking into other options for Christopher."

JJ, Kate and Garcia had seemed interested in the couple's conversation as they walked past and overheard. "What's going on with you two?" Kate asked curiously.

"We're looking at daycares for Christopher to go to when we're on cases." Spencer answered. "Wait, I thought Edith was watching Christopher when you guys were on cases." JJ furrowed her brows.

Casey sighed, "She was," lifting her mug to her lips as she continued: "Until she talked to us a couple of weeks ago and told us that planning on moving back to California."

"What?" The three women all asked as Casey shrugged in a 'whatever' manner. "But you guys had a plan," Garcia interfered. "That was always the plan, right? She can't just dip out on you guys now."

"She doesn't mean to," Casey told, excusing the behavior. She had spotted this from a mile away — I mean, she was a profiler, after all. She knew this was a long time coming from her grandmother. "It's just... she's homesick. And she misses California and her friends. She misses all of it and the woman doesn't have that long to live, you know. Our biggest problem is trying to find someone who could look after Chris when we're on cases."

"Well, Will and I can take him in." JJ offered almost immediately. "Will kinda likes being the nanny for the kids anyways. Plus, my neighbor wouldn't mind either while Will's working."

"And I'm sure my Chris wouldn't mind watching your Chris," Kate also offered. "Meg always talks about wanting a baby around now and Chris kind of does everything I say." Kate jokes.

"Or you could take him here," Garcia told. "Where he's safe and happy and away from danger and will always be with me in the lair. I'll get some toys and just put him in the corner and let him have at it."