𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. blake's big decision

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: BLAKE'S BIG DECISION !

8x22

━━━━━━

THIS WEEK HAD BEEN ONE OF CASEY'S LAST WEEKS OF HAVING CRUTCHES. This was probably her second-to-last week before she could walk normally and without crutches. Casey had decided to bring one crutch to work today.

Garcia had called everyone in at the roundtable because they had gotten a new case. "It looks like someone is taking the term 'Motor City' too literally. In the last month, Detroit PD has found two different crime scenes in the trunks of two different cars."

      JJ looked down at the file in front of her. "Married couples in each trunk?" She asked. "Yeah. Brian and Melissa Cain in car number one, Paul and Elizabeth Garrett in car number two. Elizabeth was found alive by a couple of kids, but by the time the paramedics got there, she had lost too much blood." Garcia explained.

      "Well, it takes a lot of skill to force a couple into their own car, even with a gun." Morgan told. "But once he does, it's one-stop shopping for this guy. His car become an abduction vehicle and a dumping site." Rossi said.

      "According to missing persons reports, he holds on to them for about a week. Do you know what he does with them during that time?" Reid asks, looking to Garcia, who sits down. "Yes, unfortunately I do, and that information is on your tablets in picture form. And if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go to my happy place." Casey shook her head playfully at her coworker.

       "Now that's a pretty sight." Casey comments. "Wow, this guy sure likes to cut, doesn't he?" Morgan commented, as well. "Mostly shallow. They could almost be considered hesitation marks, except for the sheer number." JJ stated.

      "ME puts the count at nearly 50 per victim and the cause of death is one final stab that's fatal." Garcia says. "Physical and psychological sadism. They never know if the next cut is the one that will kill them." Blake tells.

       "And the amount of urban decay in Detroit gives him a lot of room to maneuver. We need to stop him before he takes another couple." Hotch states, giving the team time to get ready for the jet ride to Detroit.

        Casey sat next to her boyfriend as everyone had gotten settled in on the jet. "So, we know this unsub uses the victims' own cars as his dumpsite." Rossi tells as Casey grabs her boyfriend's hand as he speaks, not even realizing that she's doing it. "Technically, it's not a dumpsite, it's a transportation disposal modality."

       "The point is, what does he do once he abandons the car? Walk? Have another vehicle in place?" Casey questions. "Well, both cars were found about 500 feet from public transportation. He could catch a bus or a train, but back to where?" JJ asks.