𝒄𝒗𝒊. yellow light

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-SIX: YELLOW LIGHT !

13x01

━━━━━━

ARRIVING BACK AT THEIR APARTMENT DIDN'T QUITE FEEL LIKE HOME JUST YET. Casey would soon tell him about the home she bought from Leah and knew she'd show it to him in a few days here. Spencer settled his mother into her bed in her room. After doing that, Spencer had settled himself on the couch in the apartment, resting against it.

Casey brought Christopher up to bed and tucked him in, he stayed soundly asleep. It seemed like it was getting easier to get him into bed. Once she had come back to the living room, Spencer remained in his same spot, jacket off this time, leaving him in his button-up and tie with rolled up sleeves, in his own thoughts, afraid of his own mind and what he could do to Casey's with these new formed thoughts.

Casey watched Spencer and could see that he was going through something internally. She walked in, in hopes maybe to get his mind off of whatever he was thinking. "Christopher fell asleep pretty quickly tonight. I mean, after the night he's been through, it's deserved."

"Yeah." Spencer responded, not taking his eyes away from what he was staring at. Casey looked over to him. "What's up?" She asked.
Spencer simply shrugged as he stood, almost following Casey into the kitchen. "Just tired." He replied and Casey looked back at him.

Casey hadn't had a chance to embrace him and to really accept the fact that he was standing in front of her. She could touch him, she could feel him. And that was all that mattered. Casey made her way around the counter and to the man and cupped her hands over his cheeks. "I missed you... so much." She wrapped her arms around his neck and held him. "I missed you, too." Spencer muttered, his head snuggling onto her neck as he wrapped his arms around her body.

They stayed there for a moment and held each other in a warm embrace. Casey smiled to herself as she held him. The two pulled away and Casey had kissed him softly on the lips.

There was a moment before Spencer had kissed Casey again, this time, cupping her face and held her as close as he could get her and Casey had gone along with it. She kissed him back, yearning for more than just his lips. Casey had jumped onto him, wrapping her legs around his waist as Spencer carried her and led them both to their bedroom.

Normally, they'd had moments like these. But this was different. Normally, Casey took charge... instead, it was Spencer. And she knew that he needed an outlet. And even if it was through sex... she knew he needed to take charge of something and what better to do it than that? Casey understood and frankly, it was like the odds were in her favor. All of those nights without him were so lonely.