𝒍𝒗. slipping through my fingers

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE: SLIPPING THROUGH MY FINGERS !

10x15

━━━━━━

       THE UNSUB WAS A MAN BURDENED WITH HIS OWN TRAUMA FROM HIS CHILDHOOD. He was going after woman who never stood up for themselves in their abusive relationships. He saw his own mother in the victims. When he was seven years old, his father killed his mother and then killed himself. And he was told to record the interactions between his parents with a cassette player, but when he lost the tapes in a fire, he was trying to recreate what he lost — thus killing the woman he had taken, like how his mother was killed by his father.

       Garcia sent the work and home address to the team. Casey, JJ and Kate had decided to go to the home to figure out what they could find. With the police right behind them, they had made their way into the house.

Kate went to check around the house with the police as Casey checked around the kitchen while JJ checked the basement. Casey had been scoping around the area, with her gun held up and suddenly heard a yell. JJ's yell.

Casey immediately went downstairs and had seen that their unsub had swung a bat at JJ, but she luckily had tried to take him down. "JJ!" Casey yelled. Knowing she didn't have a clear shot and didn't want to risk shooting JJ, she dropped her gun and tackled him once he shoved JJ into a wall. She hopped right on his back as JJ punched him down into the ground and knocking Casey down with him. Casey hit her head on the floorboard and groaned in pain as the man flipped over to try and get Casey down next.

But Casey had punched him square in the face and tried to reach for her gun. He had a hold on her neck and gripped tightly and Casey then kneed him where the sun didn't shine and JJ pulled him off of Casey, who was in a fit of coughs. The man then shoved JJ down along with Casey.

He then took notice as both Casey and JJ try to catch their breaths. He holds a bat up and looks down at the two women. "Scream for me." He ordered as Casey eyed her gun and began to try and reach for it.

Casey successfully grabbed her gun and held it up and shot the man square in the chest. At the same time, another gunshot fired and the man landed down on the ground. As he did, Casey saw that Kate had shot him the exact same time that Casey had. Casey took a breath as JJ helped pull her up.

"You wish."
"Like hell."
Both the women commented as Kate and the police had begun to investigate.

"Do not... tell Spencer about that." Casey told as she stroked her red neck. JJ looked at the woman and sighed, "As long as you don't tell Will." She said. But the women both knew by their marks — on Casey's neck and JJ's head — eventually, they were going to find out.