𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. brainwashed

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR: BRAINWASHED !

11x14

━━━━━━

"LAST NIGHT, THIS GIRL, GINA BRYANT, FLAGGED DOWN A POLICE CAR IN ST. LOUIS. SHE WAS WEARING NOTHING BUT A DIRTY NIGHTGOWN AND SHE WAS BAREFOOT." Garcia explained the next case to the team.

       "And she told them that she had been kidnapped when she was eight." Garcia added and Casey furrowed her brows, as well as the rest of the team. "That girl's gotta be 19 or 20 years old." Morgan stated.

      "Eighteen," Garcia clarified. "And they confirmed her identity. She was a foster kid who disappeared 10 years ago."
Casey scrunches her brows together. "Ten years in captivity this whole time?" She questioned.

       "Long-term hostage. That's rare. We got another Ariel Castro here?" Rossi questioned. "Funny you should say that. Not funny ha ha, funny weird. She told the police that she was held captive with this girl, Sheila Woods, 15 years old, who disappeared from Nashville 7 years ago. Also she said there was another girl, too, but all she knows about her is that her name is Violet and she was older." Garcia explained.

       "I'm assuming you've checked the missing children's database." Rossi said. "Affirmative," Garcia nodded. "There's no Violet anywhere."

       "Did Gina say anything about her captor?" Spencer asked. "Just that his name is Tom and he was an older white dude." Garcia said. "And where were they being held?" JJ asked. "This house," Garcia showed it on the screens. "Gina took the cops there. They found Sheila. Sheila's at the hospital, very ill with something yet to be determined. Violet nowhere to be found."

      "It's probably safe to assume that she's with the unsub." Hotch commented. "Who owns the house?" Spencer asks.
"Oh, that's where it gets even weirder." Garcia tells. "This woman, Clara Riggins." Her pictures appears on screen. She's an older lady. "She's MIA, but her checking account is active, she pays her bills on time, and if my math is correct, she's 108 years old."

       Rossi starts in, "I might be going out on a limb here, but I'm gonna bet she had nothing to do with the kidnapping."
Morgan adds in. "The real question's where is the unsub and this other girl Violet?"

      "That's what we're gonna find out," Hotch closes the file in front of him. "Lewis is on a research assignment, Vivian is still in recovery. Wheels up in 30."

       The team heads to the jet. Casey is seated in one of the seats, sitting next to Morgan as the team debriefs and skims through the victims' lives. "Both Gina and Sheila were grabbed when they were eight." JJ said. "And both just blocks away from their homes." Morgan adds. "And made a clean getaway each time. No witnesses." Rossi said.