𝒙𝒄𝒊𝒊𝒊. rock in the road

CHAPTER NINETY-THREE: ROCK IN THE ROAD !

━━━━━━

THESE LAST FEW WEEKS WERE GOING BY FAST IN THE REID-WILLOWS FAMILY. After visiting Diana and Houston and seeing how she couldn't have been doing well there, Spencer had ultimately decided she'd be moving in with them.

Of course, he acted as if he still lived alone because Casey had no say in it, despite thinking it'd be a bad idea. They were already stressed with work and Christopher, that adding Diana living with them into the mix would be a huge adjustment. Of course, Casey loved Diana, she was the closest thing she had to a mother but now just wasn't the right time and with her schizophrenia and Alzheimer's, you'd think Spencer would have some sense in what he's doing. But he didn't, surprisingly.

So, Spencer was in the extra guest room near the living room and he was currently cleaning out the room. He'd been spending days clearing it all out for her. She'd be moving in about a couple of weeks so the doctors could give Diana some time to adjust to the changes as well as Casey and Spencer with their son.

          Casey had been playing with Christopher and his toys for a while before she went to go and see how Spencer was doing on the room.

          Spencer had known what Casey's thoughts had been on all of this and frankly, liked hold a grudge against her for it. He didn't quite understand her side of the story and to Casey, it felt like he didn't want to. He only wanted to see once side, which was his own.

           Ever since Spencer talked to Diana's doctors about bringing her home, Casey and Spencer were getting in even more fights. And without work to distract them, they let their anger build up over time to the point of no return. Now, Spencer and Casey barely said a word to one another since returning from Houston and settled for the normal small talk — which had already been plenty enough for them.

          Casey stood in the doorway as Spencer had been setting the blanket down on the mattress. He'd done a lot already. Casey softly knocked on the doorframe, causing Spencer to turn around to see his wife standing there. Casey leaned on the doorframe and spoke, "Hey."

          Hoping that maybe he'd say something back that wouldn't have been snarky, Casey had hoped that they could push aside their differences for just a second so they could actually have a conversation. "Hey." Casey expected his words to be filled with venom, but to her surprise, they weren't. Spencer's words actually sounded calm.

         Casey looked around. "What are you doing?" She asked and Spencer watched as she lingered, wondering why she was continuing to speak to him in spite of them only saying like three words to one another in the entire day.