Chapter FOUR

AN: I'm skipping a few races you know to keep the story going ok

~~~~

Spanish GP

"Mouse I'm scared,it's my first season in formula one and I'm competing for the championship and I have Charles right behind me I don't want to admit it but he's the better driver." She said pacing in her drivers room.

"Oh please you are Alana freaking Basset the first woman in formula and to be competing for the championship,ALSO the first female for Mercedes,you can do this." He said pulling his closest friend in for a hug.

"Mouse do you think Charles doesn't like me,I mean we had banter before but now he's just completely ignoring me?" She said asking him with her eyes looking sullen.

"I don't think he doesn't like you I think he wants to stay focused."

"I hope,I don't hate him I could never even though I should."

"You still have to tell me the story behind that though but first we need to get furniture into our apartment than you can tell me."

"Are you seriously still stressing about that?!" She asked him looking amused at her friends worries like they weren't just about to go risk their lives.

"It's a good concern ok."

"Sure Mousey,love you and be safe I expect to see you after the race,I have to go see Seb and Danny and wish them luck."

~~~~
Alana's POV

After I greeted Danny and Seb I went to go see Charles,I know shouldn't have but I did anyways.On my way I bumped into Carlos.

"Hey Carlos,have you seen Charles?" I asked him after I hugged him.

"Drivers room and good luck today Al."

"Thanks Carlos and you to forza Carlos! Yes I know what I said but how can I be rooting for the enemy." I said and laughed and walked towards Charles room and I heard Carlos' chuckles.

I knocked but before I got an answer I went in and I can say I have never been anymore glad that I hadn't waited for his response. He was shirtless his upper body full on display to me as I looked at him top to bottom as I bit my lip lightly.

"You are staring."

"No I am not" I said clearly still staring.

"Do you find me hot Basset?" He asked smirking at me,damn him and his beautiful features. I snapped out of it and replied.

"You wish Leclerc I came to see how you were doing had to see how my competition is doing." I said as I dropped down on the couch inside his drivers room.

"Of course make yourself comfortable,I'm doing fine as you can see."

"I have a question,you were avoiding me,why ?" I said looking up at him as he stood above me as he grabbed my hands to get me off his couch.

"Why should I talk to you? What's the benefit? Besides I have to concentrate and not fraternize with the enemy." He said as he pulled me up and we were now chest to chest our hands still interlocked. I must admit I was a bit hurt by his words but I didn't show it and let go of his hands.

"Ok Ronald Weasly." I rolled my eyes and started walking out,"I have to go get ready see you Leclerc." As I was walking out he held onto my hand.I turned around and looked at him.

"Good luck."

"You to." I said and let go of his hands even though I didn't want to they were soft and warm.

~~~~

Race time
3rd POV

"Alright kid Leclerc is out of the race all you have to worry about is Verstappen and Perez."

"Is he alright? Did something happen to him?"

"He's alright and out of the car don't worry focus on the race now we still have laps to go you got this."

AND IT'S A MERCEDES RED BULL PODIUM!

Alana got out of her car and ran to her team after that she went to go greet Checo and Max.

"Great race today Alana,I didn't even have a chance to overtake." The Dutch boy said.

"You put up a great race though made me stress a bit." She said and they chuckled and hugged him and then let go of him to go see her mentor and Mick.

"Hey Lulu." She said and hugged him tight she was truly grateful for him to her now he isn't just a mentor he became a brother."Thank you." She whispered to him.

"For what?" He asked looking down at her.

"For believing in me."

"How could I not ?"

~~~~

After the podium in the parking area

"Yo Charles wait up!" She said running up to him,she finally reached him and She bent down and put her hands on her knees and he looked at her like really,we are high performance athletes.

"What the race was tiring." She said to him.

"If you just here to come and gloat that you actually finished the race then you can leave me alone." He said glaring down at her.

"What no I came to check on you to see if you doing ok" She said and put her hand on his arm and shrugged it off.

"I'm fine." He said and kept on walking.

"Charles wait what's wrong what did I do?" She said and turned him around to her and held onto his arm.

"I just don't want you a round me is that so hard to believe?!"

"What did I do though,is it because I won the race?" She looked at him hurt.

"No, good for you I don't know what you are trying but I have a girlfriend and if you hoping that we would become friends like how we use to be you are wrong.I. Don't. Want. Anything. To. Do. With. You." He said and pushed her aside and kept on walking.

"Not the first time you said that!" She called out and turned around to her matte black Mercedes AMG GT.He turned around and glared at her figure. She got into her car and sped around him.

"Why do you hate me Charlie where did it all go wrong?" She whispered to herself.

~~~~
Charles POV

"I'm sorry Alana." I whispered to myself but I knew it was best this way,away from her but why does it hurt,maybe one day she'll forgive me.

AND THATS CHAPTER FOUR I'm not really a fan of it but it is what it is I guess  I'll update when I can but anyways this book is close to 200 reads like since uh when but thank you.