Chapter TWENTY FOUR

Like vote comment don't be a ghost. Kinda scared of them. That was lame I can't believe I said that I apologize. Also not edited

Charles POV
Monaco

I was waiting outside Alana's door waiting for her to open but to my surprise Mick did. It shouldn't be a surprise though considering they share the place.

"Ooo Charles come in. Alana isn't here she's gone to see Anthony then she's going to get a cat with Max." He said and gestured for me to sit down on the large couch.

"Why Max?" I asked intrigued,what an interesting duo.

"Something about him already having a cat and being the cat whisperer or something." He said and chuckled lightly.

"I really wonder what goes on in her mind." I said and shook my head fondly while thinking of her.

"A lot comes with the ADHD." He said and I looked at him shocked.

"She has ADHD?"

"Yeah she got diagnosed with ADHD back when she was around seventeen her anxiety came after Jules passed on." He rambled on about her.

Why wasn't I here?

"You know she told me before you guys started dating that you and Anthony were close.How close?"

"You see how close Pierre and I am?" I asked and he nodded. "Closer."

After I said that he sat there confused and looked like he wanted to ask more.

"You can ask."

"Why weren't you there? For his funeral?"

"After Jules died...I cut contact with Alana she reminded me of him too much the racing the passion.Her and Anthony were the complete opposites of each other but heavens they were so similar..." I paused and he looked at me as if to say carry on why did you stop.

"So anyways I still spoke to Anthony I never ever actually met him after Jules funeral just calls and messages even when I was in Monaco I just...I couldn't face her so when he died when my mama called me and told me he died that was the day I became a coward I didn't go for his funeral I didn't even know how he died until Alana told me this year...I visited his grave a week later and I saw her when I went but I stayed back I wasn't ready to face her.Sometimes I feel like I could've changed what happened to him if I was actually there for him..." I trailed off and I saw him look at me empathetically.

"You know Alana thinks the same but you both wrong. He had to save himself and I think she hates that she couldn't save him."

"I should've been there for him...for her..."

"You here now and you can make thinks right now."

"I'm glad she had you."

"I had her to." He said and smiled sadly at me.

~~~~
Alana's POV

"Maxi look at this one." I said tugging him to the chocolate brown kitten.

"Alana you already signed for the black kitten." He said and looked at me while shaking his head disappointedly.

"I know but oh just look at it." I said picking it up and started petting it's head,I paused and looked at Max and smiled creepily at him.

"What?"

"What if I get both?"

"ALANA!"

"Please Max I swear I'll even stop calling you Maxi Taxi." I said and held out my pinky towards him.