Chapter FIVE

Monaco

"Mouse why in the world would you choose those pillows they are absolutely horrible!" She looked at her dear friend in disbelief at his lack of taste in choosing colors.

"They aren't that bad,besides you-" a knock sounded from the door making them look at each other confused.

"Did you invite someone mouse? Cause it can't be my dead uncle or brother coming to visit me." She said and chuckled at her dark humor joke and he just looked at her like you need to get help."I'll get it while you stand there in disbelief at my elite humor."

"Charles! The drama king,Mr.I don't want anything to do with you,what can I do for you?" She said as she gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Glad you remember that, I actually came to apologize for that it was bad day." He said as he walked passed her into the apartment,"I mean especially when you finally competing in the WDC and then you DNF."

"Yeah ok is that all you wanted to say explain why you acted dick and a half." She said as they walked together over to where Mick was standing.

"Those are nice pillows and no I also wanted to see your penthouse." He said and he greeted Mick.

"SEE! I told you they were nice." Her friend told her as with a huge smile on his face due to someone actually liking the pillows he picked.

"Yeah sure they are mouse I'm just saying a pastel color would've been nicer and you Charles you can see our APARTMENT it's not a penthouse it just gives that effect, anyways YOU can see it with the rest of the drivers at our housewarming party if you are invited." She said as she looked back to the pillows again judgtngly.

"Well I have to go guys do dont murder each other we JUST got the apartment and it would be kinda traumatic for me." The blonde boy said now knowing absolutely everything that happened between the two since before and till the Spanish GP.

"Ok bye mouse." Alana said as he came around the couch to kiss her forehead and left after greeting Charles.

Charles looked at her like he wanted to tell her something but kept silent.

"So what you came here to stare at me and say nothing spit it out Leclerc."She said now loosing her patience as she had to be somewhere important.

"Are you going to the graveyard?" He asked her softly all the facades they held up around each other all fell down.

"Yeah gotta go see how my brother and uncle are doing and of course Uncle Herve,I did promise him I would bring him flowers whenever I could." She said calling him uncle out of respect as she always used to before, as she gestured to the three bouquets of flowers on the shelf behind them and sat down next to him.

"He always did say you picked the prettiest of flowers,what is it that he use to call you? His little flower." He said as he picked up her hand and started playing with her fingers as she payed her head on his shoulder."Let's go together,I have been a coward not being able to go alone and especially not visiting your brother," he said as his voice cracked,"my best friend." He trailed off.

"We never did that before let's not forget you not pitching up to my brothers funeral, but fine sometimes we just need someone anchoring us?" She said with a questioning tone in her voice. "Let's go."

~~~~
At the graveyard

The two stood in front of her brothers grave witch was behind her uncles grave.

Here lies Alexander Anthony Basset
A son•brother•nephew•dear friend
"To whatever end."

"How did he uhm pass on?" Charles asked her as the tears started to cloud his eyes.