Chapter NINETEEN

Abu Dhabi
Race day
Alana's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, I told mouse and he squealed...like a mouse. But I needed to clear my head for the race so I decided to go to the gym with Lewis.

"Al where are you?" I heard Lewis' voice through the room I'm staying in now,I left the door unlocked so he could enter.

"In my room!" I called out as I tied the laces on my shoes and shrugged on my gym jacket.

"So are you going to tell me what's bothering you?" He asked as he plopped down on my bed.

"Charles and I kissed and we decided that we'll discuss it after the race and now I can't stop thinking about what I'll say." I said and sighed and plopped down next to him even though we were suppose to be on our way to the gym.

Lewis then turned to his side and held his head up with his hand as he looked at me, "Say what your heart wants to say your heart is normally right even though your brain says it's wrong but I think it's just like a protective mechanism."

"My heart wants to tell him I love him and my brain wants to tell him that he deserves someone better." I said and turned to Lewis and sat like him.

"No offense Al your head is wrong. I don't think there's anyone better for Charles than you." He said and I looked into his eyes and I could see his sincerity.

"What if Formula One gets in the way of our hypothetical relationship?" I asked and sighed and dug my face into my pillow.

"If you truly love each other like you guys claim you wouldn't let it." He said and he pushed me to turn around and face him.

"Alana if he makes you happy then choose him you shouldn't give up your happiness for anything." He said and patted my head.

"Thank you Lew." I said and launched myself into his arms and he did nothing except laugh and hug me back. I really couldn't have done it without him.

~~~~

"Carlitos my favorite Ferrari driver!" I exclaimed to him as I approached him and linked our arms.

"Don't lie, I know it's Charles with all the looks you give each other." He said and rolled his eyes at me but did not unlink our as we continued to walk together.

"What looks?!" I asked,playing dumb because they can't know just yet.

"The look Isa gives me and the look I give her." He said and smiled as he mentioned Isa.

"Hmm yes you guys are adorable when are you putting a ring on it?" I asked him.

"Don't change the subject about how you give Charles googly eyes!"

"I DO NOT GIVE HIM GOOGLY EYES AND YOU DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT!" I exclaimed to him a bit loudly that some people turned to us.

"Shh! They will know these vultures." He said and glared at what I think is the Netflix crew.

~~~~
Alana's drivers room

"Hey Al." Mouse said as he came in and hugged me and strangely didn't let go.

"What's wrong mouse?" I said and pulled back a little to look at him carefully.

"I remember...I remember you telling me you will open your brothers letter at the end of your first Formula One season and-and I just want you to know that I'm here if you need me to be." He said looking at me nervously. Does anyone know how much I love my best friend.

"Mouse as much as I would need your support I think it's something I have to do on my own." I said and brought him in for a hug because of his thoughtfulness and because of the need for comfort.