C'est La Vie

Chrysanthe was woken up by Marcy who was holding a metal basin of water with a wash cloth. "Time to wake up my lady" she said propping Chrysanthe up with some extra pillows "Marcy can I have a warm bath today" Chrysanthe whined "I already had it prepared"

~

"What's on your mind Mistress?" Marcy asked, she noticed Chrysanthe being quiet through breakfast "No I'm just thinking" "Of what my lady?" "What I felt yesterday" Chrysanthe sighed into her palm. She continued to pick at her food "Something isn't right the way was I able to feel that" Marcy placed a hand on Chrysanthe's shoulder "I'll send someone out to check if that makes you feel better Miss" "Please do I have a terrible feeling" Chrysanthe replied as she left the dining room and headed to see the Keeper.

Elias was stacking books as normal when he heard her voice "Elias!" call out in a singsong way "Oh no" he was already weary of showing her the forbidden section out of fear that someone else found out "Hello my Lady" he greeted her with a bow "There's no need for that! We have more pressing matters!" Chrysanthe grabbed his arm and dragged him out with Marcy tailing behind.

"Where are we going?" Elias questioned Chrysanthe stopped abruptly, causing him to bump into her skirt. Chrysanthe bent down to his level and whispered "My mother's sewing room" Elias' face was bright red from the close contact, she stood up and continued to the room "There's surely something in there" she mumbled.

Where the door came into view a smile came to her face suddenly the handle rattled in a last ditch effort they all hid in different places well except for Marcy who pretended to be cleaning a vase it was her Aunt the same one who had tried multiple times to force a marriage between her son and Chrysanthe.

Fitted snugly under a cabinet that was in the hallway Elias' face burned at the compromising position they were in, he was pressed up against her bodice 'This feels...soft' his face was beyond red "Princess..." he said but it only came out muffled "Shh" she pressed her ear to the door.

"I don't suppose you know where my niece is?" that snobbish tone made Chrysanthe roll her eyes "No Madame I suppose the young mistress is out in the garden worrying about her comrades" Marcy answered being careful with her words. The aristocrat scoffed "I say it's preposterous! why in the world would they let her of all people join all the poppycock her parents fill her head with!" her aunt grumbled "She would marry a man and settle down let the commoners do the work and focus on making heirs my son would be perfect he'll provide her with strong offspring!" 

Chrysanthe held back a groan and gag then turned to Elias "She clearly won't shut up about  glorified incest" she whispered "Why am I here talking to a servant I need to find her" the click of her heels notified the teenagers in the cabinet that the woman had left. 

"By the gods I though she's never fucking leave" Chrysanthe mumbled after Elias and her fell out of the cabinet "We best hurry before she realized I lied" Marcy helped them up then went to the sewing room. 

~

"There's nothing!" Chrysanthe huffed in frustration, they had searched the entire room and turned up empty handed "Patience my lady" Marcy placed a soothing hand on Chrysanthe's head then went back to looking. Elias was looking though the thread draws never has he seen such pretty colours "If she did talk the original book she wouldn't leave it just anywhere" he said "We just have to look harder" 

Chrysanthe looked around the room looking for anything that seemed out of place "There's nothing out of place nothing hidden behind the paintings or in the dressers" she pondered looking up to the lavish ceiling she noticed the candle was burning a bit dim. "Maybe mother wanted everything to blend in," she moved a chair directly under the light "Marcy could you check here?" she asked the taller woman.