Close Combat

Chrysanthe stared at Eren and Reiner 'Should I help him? or go for Bertholdt?' she saw Eren get punch "Damn" she winced when he skid across some trees "He's getting his ass beat on well" she commented. She turned her head up to Bertholdt and dug her hand into the concrete of the walls. "C-Chrys" Armin mumbled upon seeing her going for the bigger titan.

As she approached, the heat grew more oppressive, like standing too close to a roaring inferno. Waves of blistering air washed over it, sapping its energy and clouding her senses. "am I sweating in here?" she mumbled "it's got Ymir!" that made her pause and look to her side with a knowing look she pressed on. Standing directly in front of him she could see the scouts evading him and positioning themselves for attack but Bertholdt let of scalding hot steam.

"He's not disappearing like before" Chrysanthe tilted her head 'You know what to do' Cass said Chrysanthe sighed and charged for him running directly at the scalding hot titan "Time to rip the bastard right out" she grabbed on to his 'skin' "Steaming  Jesus it hot" she whined the skin on her titan's hand were burning but slowly regenerating 'You can do better than that' Cass mumbled "Shut up!" Chrysanthe pushed harder managing to shift his body 'I mean you can regenerate faster then that think of rebuilding a sand castle' "That makes no fucking sense" 'Just do it!'

Chrysanthe took a breath and imagined a girl building a castle the more it broke down the faster she patched it up. Soon her burns were healing but the pain stayed proving it difficult for her to focus. She thought "He's got Ymir," she  mumbled her hand grabbed on to his jaw "Can't allow her to suffer more that she already has."

She pulled open his mouth but Bertholdt's hand came smacking her off the wall but she dug her nails in to his arm maneuvering herself to his back "Big bastard you thought you could get rid of me" she punched the back of his head the steam still getting in to her eyes. 

*Flashback scene*

Chrysanthe had heard of her new cousin due to the maid whispering they had been getting along great actually.  Her family had been hosting her until they knew what to do with her.

In the garden of their family estate, Chrysanthe and her cousin Historia sat beneath the shade of a sprawling oak tree, the gentle rustle of leaves providing a soothing backdrop to their conversation. As the afternoon sun bathed the surroundings in a warm golden glow, Chrysanthe broached a topic that weighed heavily on her mind.

"Isn't it strange, Historia," Chrysanthe began, her voice tinged with a hint of cynicism, "how does the world seem to favor the selfish? It's as if kindness and empathy are seen as weaknesses, while ruthlessness and ambition are celebrated as virtues."  Historia looked over to Chrysanthe her eyes were glossed over and gazing at nothing.

Historia regarded her cousin with a thoughtful expression, her gaze gentle yet resolute. "I understand why you might feel that way, Chrysanthe," she replied, her tone calm and measured.

"But I believe the world is far more nuanced than that. While it's true that selfishness may sometimes yield short-term gains, true success is measured by more than just personal gain." Chrysanthe arched an eyebrow, skepticism evident in her expression, "But look around us, Historia," she countered, gesturing to the opulent surroundings of their estate. 

"Our family's wealth and influence were built on ambition and self-interest. What other measure of success is there?" Historia sighed "I mean just a while ago you were a bastard-" Chrysanthe got a slap in the back of the head "You're too blunt sometimes!" Historia mumbled causing Chrysanthe to laugh out.

~

It was  like that memory had been buried and now it was dug up she thought she had only bed Historia when they were cadets there were no memories of them at her family estate. 

Digging her hand into his shoulders she looked down just to get more steam blown in her eyes she screamed which echoed as a road drawing everyone's attention she fell off the walls on to her back seemingly paralyzed in the same position she landed. "Got you to speed up the disappearing steam act you got" she chuckled Historia landed on her "Chrysanthe I remember that talk we had well I change my mind Be selfish get Ymir back" Chrysanthe chuckled to herself "Yeah yeah my back hurts" she grumbled and got up. She noticed the position Eren and Reiner were in "Why does Reiner keep making all that noise... is it to call titans...no I don't think he can do that" a crackling was heard from above.

This it occurred to her, the head of the Colossal Titian came tumbling down at them "Shit"   

~