Whereabouts of Her Left Arm: The Struggle for Trost, Part 5

The absence of the elite Survey Corps was one of the reasons for the substantial casualties sustained in the Trost Districts during the titan Assault. Just earlier that morning the Survey Corps had departed for an expedition beyond the walls...

A Few Hours Ago 

Chrysanthe stood with her friends as the scouts entered the scene "There're here it's the main force of the Survey Corps!" A man announced.

"Commander Erwin and Roman please give those titans a good beating for us!" Another man shouted. 

Chrysanthe looked at her father and gave him a wave "Look! It's Lance Corporal Levi!.... they say he's as strong as an entire Brigade!" A man in front of Chrysanthe pointed to the short man.

Once her eyes met his Chrysanthe's face exploded in a smile, but people kept making noise around her "Damn what a racket" Levi complained "I wonder if you'd still get this much praise if they realized how much a neat freak you are...I'm surprised the princess hasn't run away yet" Hanji teased.

Levi ignored her but his eyes wandered down Chrysanthe's body to her top "Tch! that brat wants more perverts following her" he scoffed looking away.

They soon departed but everyone can feel how pissed Levi was.

To the Survey the lands outside and secure a base of operations beyond the walls. As the epitome of human skill and intellect, the members of the Survey Corps were given this mission.

Their survival rate we're higher than ever due to their resourcefulness but when ever troupes were dispatched into titan territory more then thirty percent of them never make it back . The gap in strength between titan and human was simply that great 

Chrysanthe's POV 

I opened my eyes to meet a red liquid and bodies surrounding me "I...I failed....mom dad..Christoper....." I cried I then looked at my left hand "Oh man! Now I know what dad goes through.....Dad...Dad! Daddy! Where are you!?! you promised you'd be there when I need you!?" I cried even more.

An Image of my mom came in my head "No-no she wouldn't want this!.....She would want me to be strong! I know she would!I REFUSE TO GIVE UP! TO DIE!" I shouted then I felt a sizzling feeling and I blacked out.

3rd POV

A hand shot out of a titan's body and soon a beautiful female emerges no to far another titan emerges from a next titan the male walked toward the female, one they were close the male pulled the female's head towards his and pressed their foreheads together.

He then released her and let out a loud roar he walked towards a smaller titan as the small monster leaped the mysterious titan punched it in the mouth then stomping on it neck.

Current time 

Chrysanthe's POV

I open my eyes to meet Armin's blue ones then I heard "I'll kill you all!" I sit up in Armin's lap in question "W-What happened?" I whispered in a small voice to Armin "Eren...Chrysanthe...." Armin called I finally snap out of it and saw soldiers surrounding us.

I gasped and snuggled more in Armin's neck "Eren, can you move Chrys can you? Are you back to yourself now Tell us everything that happened! I'm sure they'll understand!" Armin held on to Eren's shoulder while the other hand was wrapped under me.

"I-I don't know what happened" I whispered to Armin.

"Hear that he said 'I'll kill you all'" A soldier pointed out I turned head to look at them...they were all sacred....just scared I looked down to my left arm then looked to my body my jacket was no more everything seem to be fine.

"Yeah no doubt about it they want to devour us all!" Another soldier shouted I gasped and my aura went dark "Recruit Jaeger, Her Excellency as well as Recruits Ackermen and Arlert your present action are treason what do you have to say in your defense?" Captain Kitz shouted to us 'These bastards!' I said in my mind.

"Any attempts to mislead or escape will be met with a bombarded with high explosive shells! this is no bluff! Let me be frank! What are you?...A human or a Titan?" Captain Kitz shouted.

I lifted my head to look at him with a confused look "I do not understand that question!" Eren shouted as I stayed quiet.

"Damn monsters I dear you to try that again! We'll blast you in to pieces in an instant! We won't give you time to show your true colors!" the captain yelled again "True Colors?" Eren asked.

"There are plenty of witnesses we all saw the moment you both emerged from within a Titan!" Kitz shouted I was feeling mixed emotions.

"Mankind has allowed strange creatures like you to get pass Wall Rose even if you're part of the Training Corps which is under the king's authority! the risk you present is too serious to ignore! No doubt about it" the frightened man informed us 

"There's a chance the Armored Titan that broke through Wall Maria could appear again Mankind once stand on the brink of extinction Understand? We cannot afford to waste further troops or time on you We'll just bombard you lot with high explosive shells!" He exclaimed pointing to us 

"Captain now's our best chance we can kill them both now while their still in their human form" A troops told the captain.

My body tenses against Armin who looks down to me "What is it Chrysanthe?" He asked softly I shook my head as my body started to tremble "My Strength lies in slicing off flesh If I am forced to demonstrate I'll show you with no hesitation" Mikasa spoke up standing protectively in front of us.

"If any of you wish to experience this personally please feel free to approach me" Mikasa threatened "Hey Mikasa, Armin what's going on?" Eren asked. 

Armin passed me on to Eren's lap and stood up "Mikasa what's the point in fighting with them? Where can we escape to within the confines of these walls?" Armin asked "Regardless of who might be I won't let anyone kill Eren or Chrysanthe that's reason enough" Mikasa replied.

"We need to convince them" Armin told her "None of them understand the situation so they're being controlled by fear!" he finished.

I slid off of Eren's lap and onto the ground trying to remember what happened 'I feel so confused so useless What are they talking about?'

The last thing I remember was being eaten by a titan losing my arm I looked down at my left arm in shock 'It grew back...what's going on....why can't I remember anything' I looked over to Eren and held his hand.

"I'll ask you once again! Just What are you?" The Captain asked once again 'I need to careful on what I say I'm not the only one dying here'

I took a deep breath and shouted "I'm Human!" Along with Eren everything was silent then I gasped when the Captain slowly raised his arm signaling the canon.

"Eren,Chrysanthe, Armin we're going up!" Mikasa said grabbing Eren and Armin pulled me in to his arms I soon felt a pain in my head.

The dream from three years ago returned but their faces were clear I saw my mother and father and Eren's father. The baby was me Dr Yeager injected me with a liquid then everything became clear to me why I was brought up with love.

Eren forced himself out of Mikasa's arms and ran over to us and held us, the canon ball came closer to and I bit down on my hand.

I felt tissue form around me and bones get bigger I could feel Eren had the same feeling there was smoke everywhere.

3rd POV

Everyone was in shock to see two titan bodies protecting Armin and Mikasa.     

                                                                                ~