Idol: The Struggle for Trost, Part 7

~

"Well said you're quite the man Eren, and you are a fine Princess Chrysy" Pixis said patting his shoulder then walked over to the other edge of the wall "Staff officers assemble prepare to strategize!" he ordered.

"What? Seriously? calling this plan 'optimistic' would be an understatement how can we just go ahead with it?" Armin said in disbelief.

"I agree with you but it's pointless to question his decision I'm sure Commander Pixis can see something we can't" Eren states "Something we can't see?" Armin questions "Besides there's probably a fundamental issue to deal with before executing the plan I'm sure the Commander is fully cognizant of that" Eren says.

My mother lets go of me and walks off "Which means..." Armin trails off "The Titans aren't our only enemy" I stated "Time is of the essence!" My mother says I looked back and Eren helps me off the ground.

"We have a role for you to fulfill young soldiers" Commander Pixis says as other soldiers  stand behind him. 

Mini time skip 

Eren and I walked behind Commander Pixis "It's said that before titans claimed dominance of the land  mankind was locked in endless bloody battles over different races and ideals," He told us "Supposedly someone then said 'If something beyond man appeared before us as a powerful foe mankind will take up arms together in unit' What do you make of that?".

I sighed knowing about it "There's a legend like that? well it seems rather optimistic doesn't interest me though" Eren answered Uncle Pixis let out a laugh " Your character's quite cynical, much like myself"he said.

"That's because even now when that powerful foe has our backs against a wall it's hard to say humanity is untied" Eren responded "True that certainly need to change otherwise it'll be difficult to continue fighting "Commander Pixis said.

We soon passed Mr Hannes I smiled softly while Eren motioned him to get back to work I grasped his hand to keep up Uncle Pixis  pulled out the little container of alcohol and took a swing of it.

Letting out a noise of satisfaction he asked "Care for a swig?" "Yes!" Eren accepted he took a swing quickly but soon spit it out "Hahaha!"I bursted out laughing "I want some too!"I whined taking it from his hand.

I felt the hot liquid rundown my throat "It's not so bad" I said handing the drink back we came to a stop and I looked at all the crowds of soldiers Commander Pixis coughed loudly then "Attention!"  he shouted that seemed to catch everyone attention "I will now elaborate on the plan to recapture Trost District, the objective of this plan is to seal the hole in the destroyed gate!" everyone stood there not moving in shock.

"I will now explain how we intend to seal the hole belonging to the training corps this is Eren Jeager and Chrysanthe Auditore" Commander Pixis introduced we both walked up and saluted "They are the product of successful top-secret Titan transformation research they are capable of generating a Titans' body and moving it to their will," Pixis continued "In his Titan form, he'll lift the large boulder in the vicinity of the front gate carry it to the destroyed gate and seal the gate, Princess Chrysanthe will see to it that he does so and protects him".

I took in a breath and looked down to the crowed once more my eyes scanning over Historia like her eyes were telling me to be careful "Your duty is...to protect them from other titans until he's moving the boulder" the commander said "You're lying! I won't risk my life for a retarded reason like that! What do you think we are? we're not disposable blades you know!" I heard Daz yell in fear.

"They are frightened.....they have no hope..." I whispered holding my hands close to my chest  soon soldiers started to walk away "I hope you've said your prayers, traitors! I will hack you down where you stand!" the captain from earlier shouted pulling out his blades.