𓆩♡𓆪 3 | High and low emotions

You return to homeroom earlier than usual after eating your lunch alone in the cafeteria. Flipping a page, your eyes roam from sentence to sentence. Reading is one of your favorite hobbies. It's so magical how you can immerse yourself in the world that you read about. You only wish there is a possible way to teleport yourself in these fantasies. Maybe then you'll write a better version of you. 

"Excuse me." A voice calls out to you pulling you away from your book. Slowly you raise your eyes away from finishing the last paragraph on the page. To your surprise the person who's calling out to you is Kita. He's standing incredibly close to your desk. 

Quickly you raise the book to hide your face that's already heating up from being under his gaze. Here you go again being awkward for your own good. "Sorry, I didn't mean to disturb and startle you." Kita is quick to apologize. You feel guilty for hearing his apology so you set your book down. 

Your eyes stare at the wooden desk and your words are stuck in your throat. The only motion you can do is shaking your head. There's a silence that fills the air and it feels too heavy against your shoulders. Especially when Kita's brown eyes continue to stare at you. Why is he suddenly talking to you? You can't think of a logical reason why.

Kita clears his throat and parts his lips to speak again. "Your name. May I know your name?" A look of bewilderment flashes across your face. You look up at Kita's face, confused. He wants to know your name? You hardly think about the fact he doesn't even know it all. You're just elated he wants to know. 

"My name?" Your murmur is too soft to hear. Even for Kita who's standing in front of you. He leans a bit forward insinuating that he didn't hear you. You catch yourself leaning back slightly from his closer proximity. Flustered, you squeak out a response with blushing cheeks. "I-It's Y/L/N Y/N." 

Kita only stands up straight with a nod to his head when he hears your answer. "Ah, thanks." The boy says nothing more as he turns around to return to his desk. But your curiosity to know why he asked gets the better of you. Maybe it's a pop of confidence that causes you to speak up for once. 

"M-May I ask why you wanted to know my name?" Your voice comes out shaky and slurred. Mentally you cry at how dumb you sound. Kita turns his head slightly to look at you from the corner of his eye. For some reason you find it attractive and your heart easily jostles. 

But as quickly as your heart skips, it quickly sinks when Kita answers. "Suna. He wanted to know." Kita answers without much expression. He quietly sits down in his chair and opens his notebook. You purse your lips and slump your shoulders. Maybe you shouldn't have asked. 

Your idiotic heart believed he was curious about you after making brief eye contact this morning. Your mood turns into one of sadness that you're sure won't go away for the rest of the day. Returning your eyes back to your book, you try to focus on the words but your mind is distracted. You lower the book and  grab ahold of the rubber band that's on your right wrist. With your left hand, you pull the rubber band back and pop it against your skin. The light stings becomes your new distraction. You continue to do so until your sadness goes away.

🏐・゚゚・。.

Suna is the first one to be in the gymnasium after school. He bounces a volleyball against the wall as he's distracted in his own mind. The event of this morning keeps replaying in his mind. Atsumu's dumbass snuck up behind him and went heavy handed on the volleyball. Suna didn't have the time to react to chase after Atsumu who fled. Instead he rushed towards the ball fearing it would smash through the classroom window. 

Suna clenches his teeth as he smacks the volleyball harder against the wall. That girl...her expression of surprise keeps flashing across Suna's mind. Thankfully the impact against the window wasn't strong enough. Otherwise Suna would be riddled with guilt if she got hurt. Yet the girl also bowed to him when he bowed first in apology. 

Something about that is laughable and...adorable. The word adorable startles Suna. He misses the volleyball that comes flying back at him. Suna barely dodges out of the way when the ball wizzes past his ear. Clicking his tongue, the boy ruffles his dark brown hair. 

Why is he so high-strung on one small incident that happened today. His inner thoughts answer his question. Has she always attended this school? There's several students in the school but logically the two must have pass in crossing multiple times within the years. Suna leans over to grab the volleyball that finally comes to a halt. 

"Is she cute? That's the reason right?"

Atsumu's words swirl in Suna's mind. He grows annoyed just recalling it. Scrunching his nose, Suna roughly slams the volleyball against the floor. His eyes watch the ball bounce up high with incredible speed. There's plenty of cute girls in the school but why does this particular one stand out? Suna's never been attracted to someone who's older than him. 

"Suna." Kita's voice echoes in the empty gymnasium. His voice sends a chill down Suna's spine. The boy turns his attention over to his senior who wears his usual dull brown eyes. "Her name is Y/L/N Y/N."

Upon hearing the girls name for the first time, Suna feels a strange feeling of excitement within his chest. The volleyball lands loudly beside him and bounces slightly, hitting him on the side but Suna can careless. He's busy reciting the girl's name. 

Y/L/N Y/N. Y/L/N Y/N. Y/L/N Y/N.

"What a pretty name." Suna mumbles his inner thoughts aloud to himself.