𓆩♡𓆪 27 | He misses her

Kita hasn't seen Y/L/N in a few days. It's to be expected with the loss of her mom and the preparations of the funeral. Despite wanting to be there by her side, Y/L/N kindly asked for Kita to give her some space. His eyes stare at his empty locker at the beginning of the new week. This is the first time there's no letter in his locker. 

Kita lowers his eyes down to the letter that he pulls out in his pocket. His hand trembles ever so slightly when he sees his handwriting with her name on it. Kita lets out a staggered exhale under his breath. He slides the letter back into his pocket. Quietly Kita changes his outdoor shoes and slips on his indoor shoes. 

He notices a presence approaching him as he casts his attention to the right. Suna slowly walks towards Kita. The boy also looks dejected. Kita slowly stands up straight as he looks at Suna. "Did you hear from Y/L/N?" Suna murmurs, his eyes resting on Kita's face. 

Kita shakes his head. The two drop their gazes down to the floor with drooping shoulders. "I'm sure she'll contact us again when she's ready." Kita speaks up. He tries to lighten both of their heavy hearts.

Suna purses his lips and exhales slowly. He clutches onto the straps of his backpack tightly. "So...when are you going to tell her your feelings Kita?" Suna timidly asks Kita this question. He doesn't look directly at Kita when he asks. Kita's sure Suna's heart is aching just at the sheer thought. 

Kita chews the inside of his cheek. "I was planning to after I had a chat with you. But obviously the timing right now isn't right." Kita whispers under his breath. He inhales deeply before speaking up again. "When she returns, I'd like to tell her then." 

Suna nods with a ruffle to the side of his head. He turns around and turns his head to the side slightly to say something before walking away. "Good luck senpai. And thank you for being by her side at the hospital." Kita's eyes slowly widen when he hears Suna call him senpai. Not once has Suna called him that before. 

Kita calls out to Suna before he walks off far. "Suna!" Suna doesn't look back but he stops in his spot, his hands in his pockets. Kita clears his throat when he swallows the saliva that builds up in his mouth. "Thank you again for everything. I genuinely mean that." Suna doesn't respond, he just listens and picks back up on his pace. 

Kita rests his eyes on Suna's back. He's sure there's a frown on the boys face. Kita exhales and ruffles his light gray hair. Kita walks over to his homeroom. His eyes stare at the back of the room where Y/L/N usually sits. He misses her presence. 

The boy takes a seat at his desk and stares at his phone. He pulls up his text messages with Y/L/N. Kita blankly stares at the last text he's sent her from last night. Y/L/N's read the messages Kita's sent her these past few days but there is no reply. Kita leans his head against the cool surface of the desk with a heavy sigh. 

Closing his eyes, Kita presses the phone close to his heart. His emotions are restless without any contact from Y/L/N. Desperately he wants to visit her place but Kita needs to respect Y/L/N's wishes to be left alone. But Kita aches to see Y/L/N's face. Her blushing face paints in his mind but so does her heartbroken frown. 

"I miss you." Kita's brows knit together as he whispers under his breath. Kita slowly opens his eyes and begins to type the very thing he ached out but he quickly erases it. His chest feels tight and uncomfortable. Kita shouldn't be selfish and text something that will make Y/L/N feel guilty for not being here. 

Kita: Good morning Y/L/N. Make sure to take care of yourself. I'll be sure to take proper notes for you when you return. 🙂

Kita stares at the text with his dull brown eyes. He's far from smiling right now. The text goes unread but Kita continues to stare at the screen. Class doesn't start for another ten minutes and he has nothing else to do. His finger glides against the screen as Kita reads their previous messages to remember the happier times. 

But the screen is instantly pulled down when a new text comes through. Kita sits up straight in his seat with his heart skipping in his chest. Oddly enough Kita feels childish for being so elated like this. 

Y/L/N: Sorry for not replying to your texts Kita. We were busy with the funeral service and I needed some time to grieve with my grandparents.

Y/L/N: Thank you for keeping me updated every day. It eased my heart just reading your texts.

Y/L/N: I'll be at school tomorrow. 

Kita's hand shakes as he reads Y/L/N's text. He's holding his breath without realizing as he stares at her last text. She'll be back tomorrow. Happiness spreads throughout his body. It's clear she's still not fully recovered with the lack of emoji's. But Kita's just thankful to hear from her. 

Quickly Kita rummages through his backpack for a sticky note. He scribbles on the note and dashes out of the classroom towards the lockers. Heart racing, Kita stares at Y/L/N's locker. He nervously opens her locker and places the sticky note in her locker. Written on the sticky note is a message for Y/L/N to visit the gymnasium before class starts. Kita avoids writing who it's from asides her secret admirer.