𓆩♡𓆪 30 | May I?

Kita finds it hard to breath as he stands in the large empty gymnasium. His heart is beating loudly in his ear drums. In his fingertips is the love letter that he wrote for Y/L/N. Is it dumb of him to give her a letter? Kita's just afraid he won't be able to properly confess his feelings. What if he forgets to say something? Or his voice cracks? 

His racing thoughts all cease when a squeak of the gymnasium door opens. Kita slowly swallows the saliva that builds in his mouth. His Adam's apple bobs against his throat. Kita's eyes begin to waver as he stares at the entrance. Kita hastily hides the letter behind his back. 

Your heart is pounding against your chest as your stomach ties in knots. You're beyond nervous. Never have you been requested to meet someone like this before. Especially when that someone is a mystery. Of course in the back of your mind you have someone in mind. But you're afraid to jinx yourself. 

Nervously you begin to look around in the gymnasium. You don't have to look far when you turn to look at your left. There stands the very person you anticipated. Shinsuke Kita. The boy you've admired from afar for the past two years. 

He stands still in the center of the gymnasium, his hands behind his back. You've always seen Kita calm and collected. But you've watched him long enough to know he's nervous. His eyes are wavering and you notice the slight crinkle to his nose. Neither of you seem to find the strength to move closer to one another. 

The one who left the sticky note in your locker is Kita. Which only means...You feel your face flush. Easily your heart begins to race again when you watch Kita slowly approach you. The boy stops just a few inches away from you.

He's close enough for you to smell his usual scent. A comforting smell of vanilla. Your eyes remain on him as your lips part slightly. "K-Kita." You can't muster anything more than his name. 

Kita's face softens briefly when he hears your voice. Seeing such a gentle expression rattles your heart. "Welcome back Y/L/N." Kita whispers with a delicate smile on his lips. His simple statement pulls at your heartstrings. Hearing him welcome you back reminds you that he was waiting for your return. 

You wonder if he missed you. Your silent question is answered when Kita speaks up again. Kita nervously drops his eyes down, scrunching his nose. "I...missed you." Bang. You feel an imaginary arrow shoot you directly in the heart. His husky voice fills your ears and your lips part to silently gasp. 

Are you hearing this correctly? Kita missed you? You were too consumed with sadness to even miss anyone asides your parents. You only feel guilty now. There's a silence in the conversation as neither of you speak. You feel that you've stared too long so you glance down to your shoes. 

"I'm sorry for being away." You murmur under your breath. Kita says nothing. Instead you feel a weight pressed on top of your head. Kita delicately strokes your head. Your attention is easily captured by him again as you look at Kita with wavering eyes. 

He surprises you with a soft smile. With his other hand, Kita extends a letter. You raise a brow before taking ahold of the letter with both hands. Kita lowers his hand away from your head and he nervously hides his hands in his pants pocket. Your eyes gaze at the words written on the front. 

To my secret admirer.

Slowly your eyes widen when you process the words. You glance up at Kita who's now avoiding your eyes. The tips of his ears are red. Kita wrote you a letter addressed to you as his secret admirer. Which only means he knows your feelings for him. Kita clears his throat and scratches the side of his cheek. "I'm not a great of a writer as you are Y/L/N. But I wanted to write down my feelings for you."