𓆩♡𓆪 26 | Heartache

The world around you is slow. The moment you arrived to the hospital you've been glued to the corner of your moms hospital room. The doctor and nurses were trying to bring your mom to life but it's hopeless. After a few tries to restart her heart, nothing works. Their expressions fall when they look over to your tear stained face. They sadly shake their heads towards your grandparents. 

You can't hear a thing despite everyone's movement in the room. You're still in disbelief. Not too long ago were you in this very room with your mom two days ago. Her pulse still beating. One of the nurses wears a frown as she lifts a white sheet over your moms face. You can't hear the words she murmurs but it's obvious what their next step is. 

Several more employees walk in with a stretcher that enters the room. You feel your grandma's hand against your back. She tries to comfort you by massaging the small of your back in circular motions. Tears continue to fall from your eyes and glide against your cheek. Your grandma has no more strength to watch as she hides her face into your arm sobbing. 

Despite having your eyes forward, you're barely paying attention as they lift your moms lifeless body onto the stretcher. The process is quick and silent. The doctor and nurses respectfully leave the room to give the three of you space to cope. The doctor is the last one to step out. He bows his head deeply towards the three of you. 

You don't know how long you've remained standing in the room. The room that was usually warm is now cold. Your grandparents left without your acknowledgement to fill out paperwork. You can't find the strength to snap out of your disarray. All you can feel is numbness. This isn't real, right? This has to be a dream. Today was suppose to be the day you get to go on your first date with Kita. You'll then tell your mom all about it when you get back from the firework show. 

You have to wake up from this dream. Wake up right now Y/L/N.

 🏐・゚゚・。.

Kita's huffing and puffing as his lungs cry out for oxygen. He hasn't slowed his pace until he's entered the hospital waiting room. Kita hurries over to the receptionist desk panting. "Y-Y/L/N. What room is she in?" Kita blurts out in the quiet waiting room. It startles a few of the patients.

The nurse remains calm and polite to ease Kita's nerves. "Are you a relative? I cannot give out this information if you're not." Kita groans with his eyes shut when he hears the nurses answer. Of course this is to be expected. Kita should know the hospital set these rules for the protection of their patients. But this is a critical matter. 

"I-I'm not but...I have to be with her right now. She's all alone and her mom just passed here." Kita's words slur together as he speaks in a hurry. The nurse wears an expression of understanding but she must remain firm on the rules. This is nonsense. If only Kita was there when Y/L/N heard the news. Kita grinds his teeth together in frustration. 

A soft spoken voice calls out to Kita. One he's unfamiliar of. "Are you...Kita? Shinsuke Kita?" Kita looks over to see a fragile elderly grandma. Her eyes are bloodshot from crying and there's an older gentleman who stands beside her. The two are signing off paperwork beside him. 

These two are no doubt Y/L/N's grandparents. Kita nods his head to her question. "I am. Are you Y/L/N's grandparents?" There's a gentle smile on the grandma's face when she nods her head. The nurse notices the exchange and perks up.

"Mrs. Y/L/N, you know this gentleman?" The nurse joins the conversation. Kita watches Y/L/N's grandma nod her head with a smile. She looks away from the nurse to stare at Kita's face. "This young man is my granddaughters boyfriend." The word boyfriend shakes up Kita's heart. He notices a quick wink from Y/L/N's grandma.