𓆩♡𓆪 11 | It's her

Kita's failed multiple times in catching a glimpse of Y/L/N's handwriting. She's always quick to turn in her paperwork to the teacher or her desk is clear of any notebooks. He notices most of the time that she's reading when he would find excuses to walk towards the back of the classroom. It's been two weeks since he's been on this mission to see her handwriting. Two letters received in his locker. Maybe Kita should ask for help at this terrible rate. 

He's noticed Suna and Y/L/N becoming more talkative to one another. Maybe if Kita asked Suna to...Kita groans mentally and shakes his head. He feels pathetic having to ask Suna for anything. But what can Kita say to Y/LN to catch a glimpse of her handwriting? He's zoned out until the clap of hands in front of him snaps him back to reality.

"Alright, go ahead and partner up." The teacher returns his attention towards his stack of papers that sit on his desk. Kita perks up and turns around to see Y/L/N still by herself. The girl makes no effort in making eye contact with anyone to partner up with. Before someone asks Kita to be their partner, the boy stands up and makes his way over to Y/L/N.  

You never liked partner work. It's not even like you need a partner to read a few chapters in the history book anyway. You can easily read by yourself. But maybe you'll be quizzed after by the teacher. Two brains are better than one when it comes to pop quizzes. 

"Is it okay if I'm your partner?" There's a voice that's directed towards you. For a second you refrain from even looking up. You're not used to someone approaching you for assignments. They clear their voice and that's when you give them your attention. 

Your lips part slightly as you feel your eyes widen in surprise. Kita scoots the desk beside you right next to you. You silently follow him with your eyes, completely flustered still. The heat in your face rises when Kita sits closely beside you. You're quick to look away when his eyes slowly rest on your face. 

Clearing your throat, you purse your lips. "I-Is it okay for you to be my partner?" You nervously stammer. You hiss at yourself mentally. Just act calm! But that's easier said than done. 

Kita nods his head curtly. His eyes stare at the book on your desk. You inch the book slightly so it lays between the two of you. "I zoned out a bit. What are we doing again as partners?" Kita's voice fills your ears and your heart skips just having him this close in proximity. His eyes rest on you but you're too shy to look back at him. His eyes avert down to the book.

Clearing your throat, you point to the chapter on the page. "He just wants us to read the next two chapters together." You sneak a glance at Kita from the corner of your eye. He looks a bit disappointed from your answer. You're unsure why. Does he actually hate reading? You always find him studying though.

"We don't have to take notes or anything?" Kita's eyes are resting on you again. Dear lord, how are you suppose to act normally when your crush is sitting beside you?! Let alone he approached you first to be your partner?! You hardly hear Kita's question. 

Kita silently observes Y/L/N. Her face is flushed from blushing. She also hasn't made direct eye contact with him. Is she normally this shy? Or is it because his presence makes her nervous? If so...that's solid proof she may be his secret admirer, right? Just a single word written down can clarify his ideas.

You offer Kita a pen and a blank page from your notebook. "If you want...you can take notes down." Kita shakes his head, he slides the pen and your notebook back. "It's alright. I can memorize things fairly quick. It's a skill I picked up while being the captain of the volleyball team." Kita speaks softly. 

Slowly nodding your head, you finally look over to Kita. You try to not feel intimidated when his eyes look directly into yours. You shouldn't avoid his eye contact the entire duration of class. It's rude. But you feel your heart skip being under his beautiful brown eyes.