𓆩♡𓆪 34 | Beach date

You hardly slept a wink at night and it shows when you're stirred awake by Kita. His gentle kiss to your lips causes you to flutter your eyes open. "Wake up Y/L/N, this is our stop." Kita's soft whisper fills your ears. You slowly raise your head off of his shoulder when you look around you. Passengers are slowly boarding off the bus. Kita grabs yours and his belongings as you stand up to follow the others off. 

The smell of salt and the sounds of seagulls squawking is loud in your ears. You're definitely at the beach with the sound of crashing waves not too far from here. You powered through the rest of your homework all week to get ready for the weekend. Not only that, you stressed on what to wear in front of Kita. Being in a bikini is the most revealing you'll ever be in front of Kita. 

You worried about your appearance all night. Kita slings his backpack over his shoulder and grabs ahold of your hand with his free one. Your heart is restless when you feel him give your hand a squeeze. There's a sweet smile that rests on his face when you look over at him. "Let's go find a spot to set up before we change." Kita suggests. 

Nodding your head, the two of you begin to walk towards the beach and away from the boardwalk behind you. Being the weekend, there's plenty of people around. Varying from couples to friends and family. The two of you arrived just past noon so finding an empty spot shouldn't be too hard. Majority of the foot traffic will be later in the afternoon. 

The two of you find a spot secluded from the crowd. Most likely because the neighboring rocks deters people away. There's the sound of loud crashing against the rocks as the waves slam against it. Kita hands you your bag while he lowers his backpack down. You were curious to why his backpack looked bulky and your question is answered when you watch Kita take things out of his backpack. 

Somehow Kita's managed to stuff a makeshift tent in there. It's not large but it's just enough for the two of you to hide in from the relentless sun. Kita easily sets it up within minutes. "I usually bring this with me for my grandmother. She likes to be outside but the sun is too much for her sometimes." Kita speaks up as you admire his handiwork. 

Kita steps back to look at the tent before turning his attention over to you. He sports a tiny smile when your eyes meet. "You're so reliable Kita." You smile from ear to ear. The two of you drop your belongings off inside of the tent. You take a seat inside while reaching into your bag to grab a towel. "If you'd like, you can go ahead and change first Kita. I'll hold the fort down." You look over to Kita who's also taking a towel out. 

His eyes look over to you, contemplating whether or not to leave you alone. Kita seems to make up his mind when he gives you a short nod. "I'll be quick. Don't talk to any strangers while I'm gone." Kita wears a tiny smile before he gives you a quick kiss to your forehead. He grabs his swim trunks out of his backpack and leaves to go change at one of the outdoor bathrooms.

Your eyes follow after Kita's back before he's out of your view. You rest a hand over your heart. It's still going to take you a bit to get used to his sudden kisses. There's a smile that is hard to get rid of on your face when you replay Kita's kiss over and over. You worried things wouldn't go as planned today with how things went on your supposedly first date. 

But everything so far is going smoothly. Your eyes lower to your shirt where your bikini is hidden underneath. You grow nervous having to change out of your shirt and shorts. What is Kita going to think when he sees you in a bikini? Better yet, how are you going to feel seeing him shirtless? You pray you don't make a fool of yourself by staring at Kita like a deer in headlights. 

Distracted by your own thoughts, you hardly realize how quickly Kita returned. You only notice when you hear the front flap of the tent open. That's when your voice is stuck in your throat. Kita enters the tent shirtless and in his swim trunks. It's a simple design that reminds you of Kita himself. You wonder if his closet is just full of different shades of maroon with a detail of black. The swim trunks remind you of his volleyball jacket.