𓆩♡𓆪 21 | Just a little longer...

You're sharing your lunch with Suna under a tree with a book in hand. The topic of the summer festival has yet to come up. You grow more nervous trying to find a way to bring it up. Every time you think you have the confidence to talk about it, your throat grows dry. "So...what is your class doing for the summer festival Suna?" Upon hearing your question, Suna's face scrunches in dismay. 

You tilt your head slightly, confused by his reaction. Suna lets out a heavy sigh and lowers his half eaten burger. His eyes cast over to you. "Atsumu suggested a crossdressing café. So the girls will be in suits and the guys will be in m..." Suna doesn't bother to finish his last word. His jaw locks tightly as he's envisioning the day.

The image of Suna in a maid dress easily pulls out a giggle from you. Hearing your giggles only makes Suna groan more. He stuffs his face with the remainder of his burger. After chewing and swallowing his food, Suna speaks up again. "I have a feeling our class will be getting several customers. I doubt I'll have time to even come see you." There's a sadness in Suna's tone from the latter sentence. 

"I'll stop by and see you then." You try to perk Suna up but he's quick to shake his head. The corner of your lips curl from Suna's quick defiance. He'll probably feel too embarrassed if you witnessed him in a maid dress. When should you tell Suna that Kita's asked you out for the summer festival? 

Suna balls up the foil from his burger and stares at it in his palm. "I don't want you to see me like that. Besides..." You watch Suna breath in deeply before casting his eyes back on your face. "You should enjoy the festival with Kita."

Your eyes widen slightly upon hearing Suna's words. How did he know? Or was it obvious? "He asked you right?" Suna speaks again. You respond with a nod. 

There's a tiny smile that graces Suna's face. It seems forced. You startle when Suna twirls his right pointer finger on the tips of your hair. Suna's grayish-yellow narrow eyes gaze at his finger. Slowly the boy unravels his finger from your hair as he looks up to speak. "That's great news. I'm sure you're excited to go on a date with Kita. The guy you like is notic--".

You're quick to interrupt Suna, confusion painting on your face. "I never told you that I like Kita." Suna grows quiet. His face pales slightly and he clears his throat. You watch his nose crinkle slightly. Maybe you're just easy to read then? But you refrained from telling Suna about your feelings for Kita since the two seemed to not get along. 

With that being said...if Suna noticed your feelings for Kita. Kita must notice too. Your panic switches off to that thought instead. In an instant you can feel your face flush. Your body language and nervousness is a dead give away. How can you be so stupid. 

Your thoughts disappear when you feel a hand gently rest on the top of your head. "Senpai are you rambling in your thoughts again? I'm able to read you now. That's the only reason I said that. I notice the slightest twinkle in your eyes when you talk about Kita. The gentle smile you wear when you see him pass by. I've noticed it all. You didn't have to hide that from me. I thought we were good friends."

Suna's voice is full of sweetness. Too sweet that it hurts for some reason. His eyes do not match his kind words when you look at him. There's darkness that casts over Suna's eyes. Suna truly dislikes the mention of Kita. You reach up to grab ahold of his wrist, not letting go when you lower his arm down.

"We are good friends. I only kept it a secret because..." Your lips close and open again. You're hesitant to speak. But Suna's not able to read your mind. "I also notice how you react when I bring up Kita's name. You don't like him very much Suna." 

You feel the slightest twitch in Suna's arm. His eyes widen for a second before he composes himself. You can also feel his heart rate pick up from his heart beating against his wrist. "I want to make you happy Suna. But...it'll be hard when the person you despise is the guy I like. I don't want to pick between the two of you. It feels suffocating having to think about it." You finally voice your inner thoughts aloud. 

Before you can elaborate, Suna cuts you off. His free hand carefully pulls your hold on his wrist away. You glance from your hand to his serious expression. "You don't have to choose between Kita and I, Y/L/N. That's not my intention. I genuinely want you to be happy with him. I just--". Suna's words come out as a flurry but he cuts himself off. You notice his heavy breathing and the panic in his eyes.

It's as though he's desperately releasing his feelings out but holding himself back as well. His body begins to tremble. Unsure what to do to calm him down, you envelope the boy. Slowly you rub in a circular motion against his back. "It's okay Suna." His body is still stiff as you feel a weight against your shoulder. Suna's resting his head there. 

She's too kind. Y/L/N is too kind. Suna couldn't find the strength to admit his feelings to her. It would only make things worse. But how much can Suna keep quiet before his feelings blurt out on their own? His heart feels like a thousand needles jabbed into it. 

Y/L/N's warm embrace slowly calms Suna's racing heart. He nervously wraps his arms around her waist, careful not to squeeze her. Her sweet scent fills his nostrils as his anxiety relaxes. Suna's just continuing to embarrass himself by showing Y/L/N these sides of him. Yesterday he cried and now today he's just falling apart by the seams. 

Y/L/N changes the topic. Most likely to help Suna out. But it's hard to focus on her words when all that swirls in Suna's mind is wishing this moment lasted longer.