𓆩♡𓆪 14 | Suna's devotion to you

"Thanks Suna." You shyly look over to the tall boy with a tiny smile. Suna looks over to you with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. He offered to pay for the flowers for your mom before you were able to pay for them. He gives you a curt nod as the two of you enter the hospital. 

You greet hello to the regular nurses while jotting your name down on the clipboard. "Who's this Y/N? Your boyfriend?" The nurse teases with a wiggle to her brows. You freeze on the spot with your lips parting as your breath hitches. 

Suna clears his throat and shakes his head. "Just her friend." Suna's voice sounds nervous. You turn around to look at Suna who wears his usual deadpan face. But his hands clutch onto the bouquet for dear life. 

"We'll be going now." You shut the conversation down and beckon Suna to follow along. He doesn't hesitate to make a bee-line away from the reception desk. "Sorry about that. The nurses here love to talk." 

Suna shakes his head, his eyes staring at the hallways the two of you walk down in. The only sound are your footsteps clicking against the tile floor. You slow down to stop in front of your moms door. Resting a hand on the doorknob, you turn slightly to look at Suna. His eyes read the name plate before resting his grayish-yellow narrow eyes on you. You start to feel anxious and nervous all at once. 

Pursing your lips, you stammer out. "A-Are you sure you want to see her?" It's a bit too late to ask Suna again when the two of you are right outside of her door. Suna nods his head, his feet glued to the ground. He doesn't seem like he's in a rush to back out like you are. 

Inhaling deeply, you turn around and knock on the door before letting yourself in. You step inside and the usual warmth in the room invites you in. "Mom I'm here. I have a guest with me today." You speak softly while stepping off to the side to allow Suna in. He timidly walks in. 

Suna is riddled with nerves. This is his first meeting with Y/L/N's mom. What he doesn't anticipate seeing is a frail and pale woman who's asleep. She's in a coma? Is this why Y/L/N was hesitant for Suna to see her mom? 

There's a sinking feeling in Suna's chest when he watches Y/L/N walk over to her mom. She wears a delicate smile and is still in high spirits despite her moms condition. His heart aches and rapidly beats against his chest all at once. Sad for Y/L/N who has to deal with this but also more in love with the girl for being so strong on her own. Suna snaps out of his thoughts when Y/L/N begins to introduce Suna to her mom.

"I brought a friend mom. His name is Suna. He came to gift you some beautiful tulips. They're in full bloom now. I wish you could see how vibrant their colors are." You refrain from frowning when you speak. Suna walks over to your side and he bows slightly to your mom.

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Y/L/N. My names Rinataro Suna." Suna's eyes soften when he looks over at your mom. You're grateful for Suna's respectfulness. You offer him a seat while taking the flowers from his grasp. 

Suna takes a seat while you change out the flowers. There's a silence in the room and you're unsure what to talk about. Typically you'd tell your mom how your weeks been so far. But it's different with Suna around. Suna slowly looks around the room while he waits for you to sit next to him.

With the flowers changed out, you set the fresh bouquet by your moms bedside. You rejoin with Suna and intertwine your left hand with your moms right. She feels colder than usual and her overall look is becoming worse. Dark thoughts cloud your mind. How many more visits will you have with her before she's...

"Should I tell her how we became friends, Y/L/N?" Suna speaks up in the quiet room. You flutter away your oncoming tears and look over to Suna. His eyes are scanning yours. It doesn't take an idiot to realize how you're feeling or what you're possibly thinking about. 

You nod your head and force a smile. Suna keeps his eyes on you as he begins to speak up. "I nearly knocked Y/L/N out with a volleyball. Atsumu, one of my friends from the volleyball team, thought it would be funny to mess with me in the morning. He slapped the volleyball out of my grasp and it slammed directly into a window. The window where Y/L/N was sitting behind." 

Usually you'd look away from this long period of eye contact. But it's rare to hear and see Suna talk so much in one sitting. He ruffles the back of his head and averts his eyes to the side. "I was afraid the slam would shatter the window but thankfully it didn't. I would feel nothing but guilt if Y/L/N's beautiful face got scratched up by the glass." 

You startle when you hear the word beautiful from Suna. Your hand squeezes your moms while your face flushes. "B-Beautiful? That part wasn't necessary to the story Suna." Stammering out your words, you feel your chest tighten. It's been years since you've been complimented by someone else other than your grandparents. 

Suna ignores your flustering. He continues on with the story. "I couldn't get rid of Y/L/N's surprised look from my mind so I had to find out her name. Upon learning her name I wanted to know her better. And that's how we ended up being friends." Suna returns his gaze on you. 

Being under Suna's attention suddenly makes you nervous again. "I selfishly wanted to be friends with Y/L/N because I couldn't get her out of my mind." Your eyes widen from Suna's honesty. You have always wondered why Suna was so headstrong on being friends. It's because you were all he could think about? That sounds like...how you are with Kita. 

Suna breaks eye contact and looks over at your mom. He bows his head respectfully. "I want you to know that I'll be there for Y/L/N no matter what. You don't have to worry about her being alone anymore. As her friend, I'm devoted to her." 

You're in a daze when you hear Suna's confession to your mom. You even forget to breath with your eyes wide in bewilderment. This sounds like it's more than just a promise between friends. Suna's devotion to you...it sounds like a vow. Suddenly you feel something wet trickle down your face. 

Your emotions are frazzled. Suna's kind words and your dark thoughts are too much for you to contain. Easily the tears fall onto your lap. Your lips tremble as you try to muffle your sobbing. You've never heard such kind words that are meant for you. Suna, a boy who hardly speaks, surprises you tremendously when he does speak from his heart. 

You're unsure if you imagined it or not but you feel your moms hand twitch slightly. Darting your eyes over to your intertwined hands, you give her hand a gentle squeeze. Suna raises his head up and looks alarmed when he catches your tearful expression. His eyes dart around to look for tissues. Suna spots them behind you and carefully extends his arm behind you to grab them. 

Suna pulls out a few tissues and extends them to you. You try to murmur a thank you between sobs while you wipe your tears away. Suna wears a worried expression when he watches you wipe your tears away. He pulls out another tissue and nervously wipes your nose. You're embarrassed having him treat you this way. You're also grateful for his existence.