𓆩♡𓆪 17 | You tell me

"Something's off with those two." Atsumu squints his eyes when he gazes at Kita and Suna from a distance. He's murmuring to Osamu who's breathing heavily from volleyball practice. Suna and Kita are throwing blows at one another with a volleyball. Neither are letting up from how powerful their retaliation is. 

Osamu groans as he leans his head back and chugs an entire bottle of water. "It's like they're out for blood." Osamu wipes his lips as he murmurs. Atsumu nods his head, rubbing his chin. The rest of the team slowly leave one by one to change and leave for the day.

The twins quietly keep their eyes on the flying volleyball. Not once has the ball dropped onto the ground yet. What's stirring these two up so much? Suna's already in trouble with Kita from skipping out on practice yesterday. Which leads to the extra hour of practice. 

Osamu nudges Atsumu on the shoulder, he tilts his head sideways. "Let's change and come back. I'm sure these two will still be here." Atsumu glances over at the two. He's hesitant to leave incase he misses something exciting. But Osamu grabs him by the arm and tugs him out of the gymnasium. 

Kita loudly hears his heart beat against his ear drums. His heart is thumping roughly against his chest from so much adrenaline. Suna's not letting up. It's rare to see Suna keep up with Kita like this. But one of them is bound to slow down. "You can't keep this up Suna." Kita says between clench teeth. 

Suna jumps up high, easily returning the volleyball to Kita. The squeaks of Kita's shoes echo loudly in the quiet gymnasium. Kita's hair sways in the direction he jerks himself in to return the ball. Huffing and puffing, Suna jogs backwards with his eyes on the soaring volleyball. The boy raises his arm up and slams against the volleyball.

"Shut up." Suna hisses out. His thin brows furrow together. It's becoming hard for Suna to even breath. Each inhale feels like a sharp needle in his throat. "I'm not stopping until you give up Kita." His chest heaves up and down roughly. Kita is not kind when he retaliates. 

Suna clicks his tongue when he sees the volleyball back on his side of the court. The two have been at this for what feels like centuries. The entire team is gone. Kita is the last person Suna wants to be stuck with. But this is his result for skipping practice yesterday. Not that he regrets it at all.

The brief warmth of hugging Y/L/N is still fresh in Suna's mind. He feels his face flush. If Kita points it out Suna will lie and say he's hot from all this running back and forth. The two move as though they're robots. Neither missing a beat in their movements. 

"Where'd you go off to with Y/L/N yesterday?" Kita speaks up from the intense silence. Suna looks directly at Kita who's eyes are focused on the floating volleyball. Why does Kita want to know? Better yet, Kita spotted the two leaving together?

Kita lands on his feet after returning the ball. Suna's attention raises up towards the ceiling. "None of your business." Suna coldly responds as he grunts and his hand slams against the surface of the volleyball. "What I do with Y/L/N is my business." Suna glares at Kita. 

There's a shadow that casts over Kita's eyes upon hearing Suna's answer. The stare sends a chill down Suna's spine. He feels paralyze upon Kita's stare as if he's looking at death itself. Suna's hair flutters wildly when the volleyball whizzes past him. The speed and power behind Kita's hit could've brutally hurt Suna if he moved just the slightest. 

Kita slowly walks over to the net, his eyes still remaining on Suna. "It's very well my business when you're getting close to the girl I like." Kita's tone is raspy and chilling. Suna's unable to comprehend Kita's words quickly. His eyes slowly widen as his lips part slightly. 

Suna finally looks at Kita directly in the eyes. Snapping out of his paralysis he speaks up. "What?" Suna's question comes out as a hushed whisper. Kita's dull brown eyes bore right through Suna's grayish-yellow narrow eyes.

"I said...It's very well my business when you're getting close to the girl I like." Kita's voice is clear without any hesitation. Suna feels his heart tighten and ache all at once. Since when did Kita's feelings change for Y/L/N? Did he not plan to friend-zone her? Suna mentally panics. 

No. There's no way Kita will get everything he wants. He's already got so much going on for him. Suna will be distraught if he loses his chance at love because of Kita. Even though deep down Suna knew he had no chance with Y/L/N. 

Clenching his teeth and digging his fingernails into his palm, Suna drops his gaze from Kita. His hands shake furiously. He curses himself for going quiet at times like this. His nostrils flare and Suna quickly looks over to Kita. "Sorry to tell you this but you're not the only one who likes Y/L/N."

Suna's heart is racing uncontrollably from speaking up. Kita's dull expression doesn't falter even upon hearing Suna's stance. The gray haired boy just stares at Suna. "I know." The words seethe out between Kita's teeth. 

Again, Suna is caught off guard. He unravels his fists with a slight droop to his shoulders. "What happened to being just her friend Kita." Suna's voice is barely a whisper. His voice trembles when he speaks. 

Kita is the one to break eye contact now. He turns his back against Suna. There's a heavy silence that stretches. Slowly Kita turns his head slightly to look at Suna from the corner of his eye. "I don't know. You tell me. Weren't you only suppose to apologize to Y/L/N?" 

A pit grows in Suna's throat and the conversation ends there. The two are no longer alone when the twins return into the gym. Kita takes his leave first. Suna glues his eyes on Kita's back full of rage and pain within his body. "Fuck." Suna painfully cries out under his breath.