𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘙𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 | 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

Temperatures RisingPrologue

Temperatures Rising
Prologue

"You either an Opp or a fan, which one Is you dawg?" Harlem asked the young man in front of him

"You either an Opp or a fan, which one Is you dawg?" Harlem asked the young man in front of him. Harlem was a legend around New York, he ran a lot of things, he was one of those gangsters that you knew was a gangster but never had solid evidence that he was one. You knew he was bad news but, you'd still let him fuck every now and again. He was attractive and had good money. And, was an even better father. It was his best quality.

The teenager shook his head. "I'm none man. I just want to make some money."

"Man, get out of here." Harlem waved him off. "Shouldn't you be in school somewhere?" Harlem might not be the person to tell anyone what to do, considering, in fact he never went to school and he wasn't exactly the best example of anything. But, Harlem took the fastest way to get money to heart. It's why he's who he is. Although he likes the money, he doesn't care for the job or what he has to do to keep making money. "Man, school for niggas who can't make money."

Harlem stepped down the stairs. "You a nigga who can't make money, why don't you take your ass to school?"

"Man, come on.. I got a family to feed, man. Let me in your crew." Harlem chuckled. "This isn't just a crew, young blood. This is a family. And there's no out once you're in. Besides, Your little, big sister would kill me." Just as Harlem said that, Heaven came prancing down the stairs of her family home. She was on her way to school with a group of friends, guys whistled and cat-called which sent her in the direction where her attention was being grabbed and in doing so, her attention went towards Harlem and his crew. Heaven was only sixteen, one years younger then her bad ass older brother, Angel. Yeah, their mother is big on religious stuff. So, she named them Heaven and Angel, they had a baby sister named Grace. Grace was only two.

Harlem chuckled as he saw her prancing her way over to them, she snatched up her brother by his ear. "Ow! Heaven! Ow!"

"I turned him down, you know?!" Harlem shouted behind Heaven, as she dragged her brother to her boyfriend's car. She mugged Harlem. Heaven couldn't stand Harlem, solely for what he stood for. Solely for his job. His lifestyle. Harlem watched them get off into the car, his eyes landed with Heaven's boyfriend who drove his little Camaro. If only Heaven knew that the boyfriend she bragged about, wasn't so innocent.