𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘙𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 : Chapter 34

BIG CITI

BIG CITI

I stood in the living room of my high-rise Dubai penthouse, gazing out at the rain that cascaded off the floor-to-ceiling windows. The questions I had been mulling over for weeks tumbled through my mind again. Could I keep holding on to this non-existent relationship? My heart yearned for her, but my head told me I was being foolish and too attached, that maybe I was confusing my obsession with love. But whenever she crossed my thoughts, a warmth spread inside me like a cozy blanket on a winter's night, reminding me why I couldn't yet let go. As my mind continued to race with unanswered questions and doubts about Heaven, my reason for being here. The corners of my mouth twitched downwards as I considered that maybe I had become too entangled in this relationship to ever really move on. Amidst my inner turmoil, I felt a sense of peace radiating from her presence; she made me feel alive again.

"Big. There's a young lady here to see you." Alex addressed.

I gazed out of the large window in my living room, admiring the view of Dubai from this height. The city was a welcome reprieve from my inner demons, keeping me calm and at ease. Getting here had been difficult – especially with my criminal record – but I'd managed it somehow. "Bring her in," I said to my shadowed employee before looking down at my glass of bourbon. I chuckled softly when Bea Mia appeared at my door and motioned for her to have a seat. She paused in awe, taking in the opulent décor as she walked into the apartment, her wrists showing signs of recent imprisonment. Taking a seat across from me, she rubbed her wrists nervously. "Bea Mia, guess they finally let you out?" My voice was playful yet stern. I gestured for her to have a seat as she scanned my luxurious surroundings with wide eyes. Her wrists were rubbed raw from the handcuffs, evidence of recent confinement. Taking my spot back in front of the window, I prepared myself for what would come.

"Still getting used to being out, huh?" I poured her a drink, coming around the couch to sit before her.

Bea's face contorted with a mix of anger and sadness as she sighed heavily. She had been confined in prison for nearly four years, and the thought of being out in the real world again seemed surreal. Her lover Erik hadn't spoken to her since her release, and Bea didn't know how to feel about it. But she thanked them for keeping quiet about her past. As I asked what she was locked up for, Bea's voice grew calmer, and she looked away. She rubbed the skin on her wrist where the handcuff had left its mark, then whispered that the charges were conspiracy to commit sexual abuse and drug trafficking.