✒︎ 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐚𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏/𝟓

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏/𝟓

EXCLUSIVE: BIG MEETS JASMINE (PART ONE)

   "We got some news for you, boss." Big sighed and rolled his chair around to face Shannon, who had pushed the door open ever so slightly before entering the room. He did not look pleased; his face was set in a deep scowl, his brows furrowed together with frustration. The air of annoyance hung heavy between them as Big asked what news Shannon had for him. After all, he had instructed everyone to leave him alone so he could think and clear his head on this business trip to Cuba—he deserved some personal time away from work.

Big, who was almost a head taller than Shannon, stood with legs apart and arms crossed. His eyebrows were furrowed and he narrowed his eyes as he spoke. "I don't remember giving you permission to come in. What brings you here?"

Shannon glanced around the office, his eyes jumping from Big's furrowed brow to the newly waxed wooden floors. He cleared his throat before speaking in a small, timid voice. "I'm sorry, Boss. We got word that Detective Gates--the one who was investigating you and your brother--has been sent undercover to take down Sharp. She doesn't know what you look like yet, or so we think." Big paused for a moment and twirled the stress ball he held in his hands as he took in what Shannon had said. Finally, he smiled broadly and announced, "Oh that's interesting." He nods his head. "And, It's mainly that you and your brother name came up in Ziggy's disappearance." Big nods his head slowly. "So, she doesn't know what I look like, you said?"

He vigorously shook his head in disagreement. "No. She's new on the case, and your brother's and your name came up as part of Ziggy's issue, but they can't establish you two as suspects at this time- they only know you by your street names."

Big's forehead creased in contemplation as Shannon spoke, and he quickly stood to his feet. "I have a meeting with Sharp tonight," he declared, his jaw tightening in determination. "You make sure Sharp doesn't show up. I have a plan that'll help me take him down and help us in the process." He gestured for Shannon to continue.
Shannon stepped closer, nervously gripping a yellow envelope as he handed Big a five by seven photograph. His boss' expression hardened upon seeing the image. "Damn," Big spat out.

Big's eyes stared in mesmerization. "This is her?"

 "This is her?"