Temperatures Rising: Chapter 39 (part two.)

Vote \ Comment • motivates the updates

Logan

 After the session, it gave me a much better insight into what Heaven was going through mentally and dealing with on a daily basis

After the session, it gave me a much better insight into what Heaven was going through mentally and dealing with on a daily basis. I knew of her condition; I never knew how deep it ran. I leaned over, grabbing her hand as we sat in the car outside Tolerie and Jace's. I wanted to talk with her before we went inside. The warm glow of the evening sun streamed through the window, casting a gentle, amber hue over the side of her face. Both of our faces were etched with a mix of hope and trepidation. After our recent therapy session, I decided to discuss the concerns brought to light candidly. It was a moment of vulnerability, a chance for us to confront our deepest fears and work together toward her healing and my learning to support her through this process.

I took a deep breath, my eyes fixed on her. I knew the weight of my words and the importance of addressing these concerns head-on. My concern for her well-being had been growing, and I couldn't bear to see her struggle with her sex addiction and the potential impact it could have on our relationship.

"Heaven," I began softly, my voice filled with both love and apprehension, "I want you to know how much I love and care about you. Our therapy session made me realize how much I need to express my concerns, especially regarding your sex addiction. It's not a judgment on you as a person but rather a concern for your well-being and its impact on us as a couple. I should have talked to you about my concern before today, but either way, I'm glad it's out right now. And that we had this session because it was insightful."

Her gaze met mine, her eyes reflecting a mixture of gratitude and anxiety. You just knew deep down that her addiction had caused pain and distance between her relationships, and she longed for understanding and support. Her borderline schizophrenia only added to the complexity of our situation, making it crucial for me to address both issues together.

"Logan, I appreciate your honesty and love for me," She replied, her voice quivering with emotion. "I want you to know that I'm aware of the impact my sex addiction could have on our relationship and my own mental health. I've worked hard in therapy to understand the root causes and develop healthier coping mechanisms. But, like I said in there, babe, I'll never cheat on you. But I also want to acknowledge that my borderline schizophrenia adds more of a layer of complexity to our situation than my sex addiction."