𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘙𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 : 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 18. / part 2 (unedited)

Temperatures RisingChapter Eighteen | part two

Temperatures Rising
Chapter Eighteen | part two

This is not a full chapter. Just part two. I'm working on chapter nineteen and part two of the exclusive. Keep in mind update's gonna be slow due to me having back to back doctor appointments and ongoing treatments.

    "You need to talk to him

"You need to talk to him. He wants to talk to you." Angel says over the phone as I placed the last of my luggage in the back of the black suv. I just landed back in New York, alone. BIG stayed back to continue to handle business, as much as I begged him to let me stay with him, he didn't budge. He was against it, solely because he felt that he'd already put me in harm's way once and wasn't about to do it again, which I understood, but I rarely got to spend time with him. Lately he's been back and forth from New York to other places, and him not living in New York only made matters worse.

Strolling up the sidewalk towards Jacob's airbnb, I sighed deeply because I didn't want to face him or reality right now, deep down I was still debating on the breakup but I knew it was something needed. I didn't know why I was referring to it as a breakup considering this really wasn't going to be a breakup, considering we weren't together. But I had to call whatever this was off. "Angel, I do not want to talk to Kevin. I've talked and made things clear on where I stood! There's nothing left to address." Pushing the handle down, I picked up my luggage, walking up the stairs. I knew Jacob had many questions about my whereabouts. Considering Harlem was the one to pick him up from the airport instead of me, I'm hoping he was nice about it. "I have to go, Angel, can we talk later?"

"Just call me when you settle, we need to talk. Face to face. Lunch tomorrow at the Grille?"

Sitting the suitcase down, I placed my hand into a fist. "The grille? Since when can you afford the likes of Capitol Grille?" I laughed softly because I knew just how expensive that place was and I knew I couldn't afford it. I was shocked that Daniel could've afforded it when he took me on our date, then again he worked over time all month just to take me out, which I thought was sweet. "Your job pays that well? Maybe I need to work there." Angel chuckled at my comments. "No, you need to stay out where you are. You are doing well for yourself and I'm proud of you. Yea, it pays well and honestly you and I have a lot of catching up to do. You're just either too busy or still mad about my remarks about the twins."