𝘛𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘙𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 : 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 31.

Chapter 31.

Tolerie fidgeted on the edge of her seat, coffee cup in hand as she caught Heaven's eye. "So, when was the last time you got laid?" she asked, eyebrows raised suggestively. Heaven sat cross-legged on the kitchen island, shoveling forkfuls of omelet into her mouth and savoring the crispy, greasy bacon.

 Heaven sat cross-legged on the kitchen island, shoveling forkfuls of omelet into her mouth and savoring the crispy, greasy bacon

Heaven didn't answer right away, lost in thought as she chewed methodically. Finally, she swallowed and wiped her mouth with a napkin. "Over a year ago," she admitted reluctantly. "And let me tell you, being celibate is harder than eating this overcooked egg."

Tolerie giggled again, taking another sip of coffee as they settled into a comfortable conversation

Tolerie burst into laughter. "You don't have to be, but you sure are making it a challenge for yourself! Like me? I can't go months without dick. So give it up now. Who was it? Anthony?" Heaven smiled, scooping up some omelet and salsa onto her fork. She licked her lips before speaking, placing the food back on her plate and looking at Tolerie. "No, I never slept with him. It wasn't him, though I almost did several times. But then I managed to resist, and here I am—lowkey mad at myself for not doing it because Lola says he's great in bed." Tolerie shook her head with amusement. No doubt Heaven missed sex—she couldn't remember what it was like in those years she went without it, but she remembered how it felt when she finally got around to it about a year ago. Her mind wandered back to that night, feeling like just yesterday...

"Heaven," Tolerie called out to her friend.

Heaven shifted her gaze to Tolerie, emitting a sharp and bubbly laugh. "I know I don't have to be celibate, but my therapist seems to think I'm a sex addict so I don't want to take any chances of returning to old habits. Celibacy is the best option for me until marriage." Tolerie shook her head, unable to hide her amusement. Heaven studied her friend's reaction with confusion written across her face.

"What's so funny?" she asked. Tolerie erupted into laughter, causing tears to stream down her cheeks. "Girl, you can't just go from sleeping with twins one night to not getting any action for an entire year! No way. How long do you think it will last before you call up one of them and ask for some lovin'?"